Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ACL 2010 lineup announced

My favorite music festival, Austin City Limits, just announced their 2010 lineup. And the headliners are:

The Eagles
Muse
Phish
The Strokes
M.I.A.
Flaming Lips
LCD Soundsystem
Spoon
Vampire Weekend
Norah Jones

Further down are Band of Horses, Sonic Youth (Sonic Youth!), the National, Robert Earl Keen, Richard Thompson, Pat Green, Matt and Kim, the xx, Devendra Banhart, Blues Traveler…

The full list is here:

http://2010.aclfestival.com/?utm_campaign=2010_lineup&utm_content=20100518_lineup&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=update&utm_term=1

I’ve never seen a festival this strong, and I’m going to have an itchy 5 months waiting for it.

Thoughts? Anybody have any lesser-known gems I should look for?

Re: ACL 2010 lineup announced

Wow, that ís an amazing line-up. Angus & Julia Stone might be worth checking out, and I also like Gaslight Anthem and The xx.

The xx and Hockey would be my picks for the ones lower down.

That really is a ridiculously strong line-up though; it destroys Glasto and Reading and Leeds over here in Britain.

That's a great lineup, but it's absurdly expensive unless you ordered early. $85/day??

Jackson
That's a great lineup, but it's absurdly expensive unless you ordered early. $85/day??

Expensive, yes. Absurdly I don't know about.

The one-day passes are for people who are either pressed for time or just really really want to see, let's say, the Eagles or Muse or Phish. Nobody buys three of them in order to see the whole fest.

Anyone who plans to attend the whole thing can pick up a three-day pass on craigslist--as, in fact, I plan to do. Scalpers can get really out of hand around here, but last year it was very easy to get one for about $200-$220 ($185 official price)...there are always a TON of people in Houston who have to unload their tix b/c they can't go.