Put a Pin on the Map View my Forum Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MEGA-CRITIC-COMPETITION APRIL : THE CLUES TO WIN A CD OF YOUR CHOICE !!!

Guess (Deadline = 25th) the Highest New Entry in this month´s Mega-Critic-Chart (Publication = 30th)
as well as its position (as a tie-breaker) and enter the chance to win a CD of your own choice.

At the moment (21st) the best bets would be (in no particular order) :

A

B

C

D

E

Reviews also start for :

F

Good Luck !!!

Re: MEGA-CRITIC-COMPETITION APRIL : THE CLUES TO WIN A CD OF YOUR CHOICE !!!

Official release of LCD Soundsystem is on May I think, so there might not be enough reviews...

I'll take Caribou at #6

Caribou at 8.

I must vote for Mickey & Minnie
So let's say She & Him #9.

Caribou #5

Caribou at #4

What will be the first day where we can vote for May?

I just realised there are only five cantidates + LCD Soundsystem. Seems like Mickey & Minnie are with Roky Erickson
Neverthless I won't change my guess (She & Him).
Great clues Stefan btw.

Caribou's Swim has received stellar reviews from the European/British Press, but the americans are starting to listen to this album now. On other hand, The Tallest Man On Earth's sophomore effort has been pretty well received by the americans, and not too many europeans/british critics have check it out yet (according to metacritic).

I'll bet Caribou at #7, and i do hope The Tallest Man On Earth's gets a nice position, he is so underrated. She and Him would be good too.

Other albums that might jump this month: Erykah Badu's New Amerykah 2 and Laura Marling are good contenders. MGMT's Congratulations received a good amount of reviews, although a good part of it were mixed or negative, so that might make the album miss the top 10. There are people still reviewing albums by Gorillaz, Beach House and Joanna Newsom (especially the international press), so i guess the top 3 will not change, unless these albums switch positions among themselves. At least until next month's chart when LCD Soundsystem's This Is Happening deservedly receive its share of raves and other releases by other artists start to appearing, and i'm not even counting with those new bands whose debut albums appear out of nowhere and steal critics's (and our) hearts.

*rolls dice*

Jónsi @ #4.

I'll change my vote to Roky Erikson #8, cause all the good Caribou positions are taken.

She and Him #7

Second Picture to the B Clue :

Do I have to wait till May to make my May prediction?

If not, my vote is LCD Soundsystem #1.

If so, mind telling me exactly what time you intend to make the April Megacritic post?

I asked the exact same question. Pretty sure whoever wins the month of may is the person who responds to the post fastest.

If your prediction does count, than LCD Soundsystem at #2. Hopefully I still have a chance to get #1 for myself.

SR
I asked the exact same question. Pretty sure whoever wins the month of may is the person who responds to the post fastest.

If your prediction does count, than LCD Soundsystem at #2. Hopefully I still have a chance to get #1 for myself.

It seems like the fair thing to do is to ask whoever that bets on LCD Soundsystem at #1 to also name the 2nd highest new entry.

dr_Robert
SR

It seems like the fair thing to do is to ask whoever that bets on LCD Soundsystem at #1 to also name the 2nd highest new entry.

I like that idea. But if we go with that, The National #2!

I'm fine with just 'Whoever happens to be online when Stefan makes the post and is fastest on the trigger gets LCD #1'. That's nice and fair.