Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Autechre, anyone?

I'm just discovering this group and they've quickly become one of my all-time favorite artists. They blow away every single electronic artist/group I've ever heard.

Right now I'm really digging LP5, Confield, Draft 7.30, and Untilted. Their new album Oversteps is great as well.

Any other fans out there? What are your favs? C'mon, they have an album out this year, there should be some talk about this amazing duo.

Re: Autechre, anyone?

Incunabula, Tri Repetae, Confield... you'll go and suck on 'em first, Sir...

Autechre is in my list for the latest AMF artists poll.
Favourite albums: Tri Repetae, LP5, Chiastic Slide. Early stuff like Amber ain't no slouch either.

I really like those guys, i had no idea they were releasing a new album. I'm so checking it out!

I've heard of this group but haven't checked them out. Any recommendations for a first album?

Depends on what you feel like. If you prefer more ambiant, melody based electronic, try their first two albums. If you like the sound of chaotic, mindbending spastic electronic, try either Confield or Draft 7.30. But really, everything I've heard of theirs is great, I've yet to hear an album that hasn't been really good. Their most acclaimed album is probably Tri Repetae, but it's actually one of my least favorite of theirs, good as it is.

If you have the patience, time, and interest, I'd really recommend going chronologically with these guys, though. It'd be a trip to hear their evolution of sound from beginning to end.