Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Project 3000: Sweet Little Sixteen

Thanks to Honorio, whose shipment of Spanish CDs arrived this morning (once again, a million thanks, Honorio - this is truly one of the nicest things anyone's ever done for me!), I now own 2,984 of the current Acclaimed Music top 3000 albums on disc.

Here are the remaining 16:

1638 Tom Zé Estudando O Samba
2170 Air Air Lore
2403 George Russell Electronic Sonata for Souls Loved by Nature
2444 Marquis de Sade Rue De Siam
2567 Sound Jeopardy
2591 Bérurier Noir Concerto pour detraques
2640 Albert Ayler Ghosts/Vibrations
2654 Francesco Guccini Radici
2735 Smokey Robinson Warm Thoughts
2750 Associates Fourth Drawer Down
2770 Brygada Kryzys Brygada Kryzys
2784 Lucio Dalla Lucio Dalla
2834 Luciano Where There Is Life
2845 Eric's Trip Love Tara
2848 Artists United Against Apartheid Sun City
2859 Franco Battiato La voce del padrone

I have just ordered outright the Brygada Kryzys and Lucio Dallo albums, and placed an eBay bid on Fourth Drawer Down. I'll be able to obtain a few of the others as well. A few (Tom Ze, Smokey Robinson) will apparently be next to impossible.

And, yes, I'm already getting a considerable head start on preparing for the next update, at least based on the EOD spreadsheet. The Disintegration Loops arrived this morning, too.

Re: Project 3000: Sweet Little Sixteen

You're welcome, Harold. Look for Battiato's "La voce del padrone", excellent album (though too eighties for some tastes).

Harold, I see that some of the missing ones are of Italian artists. I am actually going to Italy (as well as Spain, France, Monaco, and Tunisia). If you'd like, I could look through the stores there to find some of the ones you're looking for and then send them to you. Let me know if I can help.

Matt Schroeder
Harold, I see that some of the missing ones are of Italian artists. I am actually going to Italy (as well as Spain, France, Monaco, and Tunisia). If you'd like, I could look through the stores there to find some of the ones you're looking for and then send them to you. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks for the offer, Matt. As I said above, I just ordered the Lucio Dalla album, so that's covered. But if you were to find the Guccini, Luciano and Battiato albums, that would be fantastic. When are you going?

Love Tara shouldn't be too hard to get a hold of.

Harold Wexler
Matt Schroeder

Thanks for the offer, Matt. As I said above, I just ordered the Lucio Dalla album, so that's covered. But if you were to find the Guccini, Luciano and Battiato albums, that would be fantastic. When are you going?

This July. I'll keep an eye out for them.

Luciano is a Jamaican reggae singer. His album might still be available in Italy, of course.

Henrik
Luciano is a Jamaican reggae singer. His album might still be available in Italy, of course.

Whoops! Sorry about that. And, of course, I'd already looked up the album numerous times, but I'd forgotten. In my defense, Luciano is a very Italian-sounding name.

Harold, another question.

I know you're also looking to get as many "bubbling under" albums as you can also (though it's obviously not as high a priority as the top 3000). Are there any European "bubbling under" albums that you are missing? I'd be happy to look for those as well.

You do know the list changes.

Listyguy
You do know the list changes.

Of course! Before the November 2009 update was published, I had gotten within twenty of completing THAT top 3000; after the update, I was over 100 albums short. And now I'm within twenty again.

The last update was such a huge overhaul, with lots and lots of new all-time lists added, that I'm fairly sure the next reboot won't add quite as many albums to my checklist. As I said earlier, the EOD lists will likely affect things quite a bit, with lots of Bubblers moving into the top 3000 and a fair amount of newcomers as well, but to no one's surprise I'm making pretty good progress on that front too. Gas's POP will be arriving any day now...

Matt Schroeder
Harold, another question.

I know you're also looking to get as many "bubbling under" albums as you can also (though it's obviously not as high a priority as the top 3000). Are there any European "bubbling under" albums that you are missing? I'd be happy to look for those as well.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not necessarily going out of my way to hunt for the Bubblers so I wouldn't expect anyone else to do so on my behalf.

One exception, maybe: Honorio, might it be possible to procure a copy of the s/t Triangulo de Amor Bizarro album, which I have had no luck finding on either Amazon or eBay?

Harold Wexler
Thanks for the offer, but I'm not necessarily going out of my way to hunt for the Bubblers so I wouldn't expect anyone else to do so on my behalf

Well to tell the truth, I'm working on my own little Project 3000 (though slightly different from yours). Instead of owning physical copies of all the albums, I'm just looking to have a copy of those albums on my computer. I'd prefer to rip a copy of the album to my computer so that it's an "official" version, but I'm not above downloading them (which is what I've been doing for the most part). I'm also looking to get all the bubblers as well.

So to tell the truth, my motives for looking for those albums (top 3000 as well as bubblers) is not just philanthropy. Oh sure, I'd send you the physical copies, but not before ripping a copy of it to my computer.

So the offer still stands. I'd be happy to look for any Euro-bubblers that you don't already have.

Harold Wexler
Gas's POP will be arriving any day now...
I'll be interested in hearing what you think about that one.

This Project 3000 idea has me wondering if it's possible for AM to host some webspace where we can collectively upload albums for streaming, so that we each can access the top 3000 albums. Surely, that could extend the possibilities of all of our games, etc. I somehow doubt such a thing is legal, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Harold Wexler

One exception, maybe: Honorio, might it be possible to procure a copy of the s/t Triangulo de Amor Bizarro album, which I have had no luck finding on either Amazon or eBay?

It's available on the French, German and British versions of Amazon. It's cheapest on the French version and there's a second hand copy available as well.

Beans
Harold Wexler

It's available on the French, German and British versions of Amazon. It's cheapest on the French version and there's a second hand copy available as well.

Thanks!