Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Very interesting blog

I just discovered a new blog. Some guy is listing the "top" 250 singles of the past decade -- 25 singles per year -- and rolling them out one per day in chronological order.

His essays going along with the tracks are alternately funny, insightful, overly reliant on ten-dollar words, and wrongheaded. They are always interesting, though. He is purposely picking more pop songs in the interest of choosing "singles" rather than "songs" or "tracks." It's well worth a read.

http://usefulnoise.wordpress.com/

Re: Very interesting blog

I am always annoyed at how music journalists feel like they have to write so flowery, replete with those "ten-dollar" words you mentioned, as if they aren't allowed to write normally (god forbid) about what they love. I mean that guy's posts could fit in on any Pitchfork review/retrospective, and I'm not saying that in a good way.

I agree to a point, but there are some actul ideas and humor behind the writing so I give him a pass. Better that I struggle to get what the critic means and come out having thought differently about the subject piece of music, than skimming a review and getting nothing new from it.

I sure you can now quickly and easily set up your business in school if you actively use the services of these guys from https://us.handmadewriting.com/ They are well versed in writing various texts and articles, and I assure you that they are exactly what you need. I have used their services many times and was very satisfied. They really know their business well and I think you will not regret it if you turn to them.

Essay writing is a skill essential for academic and professional success. It involves synthesizing ideas, conducting research, and articulating arguments cohesively. Effective essays captivate readers with engaging introductions, well-structured bodies, and thought-provoking residency personal statement editor conclusions. Through careful editing and proofreading, writers refine their prose, ensuring clarity and coherence. Moreover, essays provide avenues for self-expression and critical thinking, fostering intellectual growth. By mastering the art of essay writing, individuals empower themselves to communicate effectively and persuasively in a variety of contexts.