Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ron Sexsmith

Anybody get into this guy? If you've never heard him, he's worth checking out. He's a Canadian singer/songwriter who's been championed by the likes of McCartney, Costello, and Lucinda Williams. His music is known for its eternal optimism and positive message, something that a jaded music lover sometimes could use a little more of. Like the Beatles, he seems to have an endless supply of beautiful, delicate melodies. The perfect antidepressant for those blah winter days!

Re: Ron Sexsmith

I LOVE Ron Sexsmith
Saw him live in 1995, he was opening for Supergrass (I guess) and since then I've been a big fan.
Great voice, melodies and simple lyrics about life. NOt very hip, but true.

who, that smith?

well, i actually had a few chats with him in the last couple of months. he's now a regular member of AMF recently, and he just LOVES to give statements about artists from countries whose spectrum he hardly knows...

er ist ein modell, und er sieht gut aus...

nj
who, that smith?

well, i actually had a few chats with him in the last couple of months. he's now a regular member of AMF recently, and he just LOVES to give statements about artists from countries whose spectrum he hardly knows...

er ist ein modell, und er sieht gut aus...

nice.

What is it? I can't seem to pull it up.

ChrisF
What is it? I can't seem to pull it up.

cheat code hint: become friends with mr. dobyan on fessebook and reward yourself with some ultra rare bonus stages on AMF..

Netjade, you sneaky snake. I shoulda known better from you.

i know...... just fond of supporting almond paste hats like yers that don't happen to implode every day... whatever, ca/wwww/m on, it's the early tennies after all, let's do some 3.0 buggery, and try more neo/n-fascist social networks to exchange our splitties... ...

ps: ...fessebook is still an option for us though, my dearest post_maiome..

When are you bringing back "I'm with stupid?"

late spring/me thinks... as soon as the poll hysteria gets vanished... although it's less robots this time, and more michael bay..

nah, well, actually it's all about Honorio's face getting slapped... no one likes winners..

nj
no one likes winners..

Yes? Not even such a handsome-clever-charming winner like me? Well, well, you can slap my face now

damn... if only you didn't have me at "such"..

nj
damn... if only you didn't have me at "such"..
Nj, do you like Ricky Gervais?

ChrisF
Nj, do you like Ricky Gervais?

tough question... i mean, the Night At The Museum flicks were quite remarkable, yet i still wonder how perfectly he'd suit in up to date gritty reboots of Rainbow Brite (as Murky Dismal) or Super Mario Bros (well... as actually everyone except Luigi).. but Extras is still one of my favourite shows of the dorkade, so i'd highgly recommend him for the grittiest of them all reboots, the Paul Blart franchise.. with Ken Loach as the director, of course

instead i'm catchin blog vids from thatguywiththeglasses and the angryvideogamesnerd all day long... and. that's. just. wrong

Then you need to watch the BBC Office. Much better than Extras. Oh, If I can gather the scratch to make it to Germany can I stay at your place? I'm an alright guy.

ChrisF
Then you need to watch the BBC Office. Much better than Extras. Oh, If I can gather the scratch to make it to Germany can I stay at your place? I'm an alright guy.

and there goes the dynaboo... you just have to watch the german rip off/ of the original Office show.. becuz out of a thousand foreign tv show ideas/franchises, only this domestic adaptatation eventually seemed to work out fairly well... but, wow'damn, how nj.effin fairly well it happened to work out...

swear it... by cropping one of your fingertips that would otherwise touch my super-clean kitchenette..

pss: nah, really??

Cool. I'll let you know when.

good luck.

can we youtube it?

Yes.

Yeah I like Ron Sexsmith. He's too underrated in my opinion. I own every single album he's released. My favourite ones are "Retriever" and "Whereabouts".
He's a gifted songwriter, who sometimes reminds me of the great Harry Nilsson.