Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AM shared space!

I want to try something out. I have created a folder on the web that you can get access to in your Windows Explorer. In this folder, we can all share documents with each other.

Connect to a network using the following login details:

FTP server: ftp18.bravehost.com
Username: am_share-3172289350
Password: nevermind

To begin with, there's one Excel sheet in the folder. I have entered my personal rank of the AM top 100 albums in an EOY-summary type spreadsheet. Go ahead and rank the albums according to your taste in a new column! If the instructions in column EC are not enough, use this thread to ask how to enter data, etc.

The document name is AM_top_100_v1_Henrik.xls. When you add a list, please update with a new version number and your name. For example AM_top_100_v2_nextperson.xls.

Hopefully we can have a lot of fun in this share area. If it becomes abused, then I will remove it.

Re: AM shared space!

it's not working for me.

do you have to have Windows Explorer? cause I'm on a Mac.

This looks like it could be great.
I wonder how the forum will compare to the critics in each region.

One thing when I added my rankings to v1 their was an error in I61:I75 and this caused an error in K61:K75.
I think I corrected it by copying the formula of I60 and K60 into their respective columns.

I posted as Blair Rose.

Brose
One thing when I added my rankings to v1 their was an error in I61:I75 and this caused an error in K61:K75.
I think I corrected it by copying the formula of I60 and K60 into their respective columns.
It looks like you solved the error, Brose. I think what happened was that I had put some preliminary rankings in other columns and then cut and paste those between cells. Cut and paste will always cause an error in the score columns.

Can somebody please explain to Michael how you connect to the web folder on a Mac. Thanks.

I can not find the folder on the web

I think you everyone who's got Windows Explorer should be able to set up a connection. My computer is in Swedish language, so I have to guess the English translations but here's what you have to do:

* Open Windows Explorer
* Go to Tools/Network connections
* Don't search for a folder. Instead, click on a link that says something like "Connect to server". This should open a "Guide to add network connection".
* Click "Next" two times.
* Enter the ftp link.
* Don't logon as anonymous. Enter username and password.

I've understood. I try to enter. Thanks

Can anybody with Windows Vista help me out?

I'm on Vista and the simplest way I did it was:
1. Open Windows Explorer (My Documents, My Computer etc.)
2. Type ftp://"FTP server name" into the top address bar that says where you are (C:--User-Documents, etc.).
3. After pressing enter A log in box appears and enter the "user name" and "password".
You should be able to see the files from here.

Alternatively you could download a free FTP program and connect using that.

No one else who wants to rank the AM top 100 albums?

No one else who wants to share some documents?