Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
spreadsheets

In the early versions of the EOY / EOD spreadsheets I was able to delete the ordinal entries from a critic's list and the affected rankings (US, UK, EU, Overall) would recalculate.

In the more recent versions, when I delete information in a particular critic column, there is no corresponding change in the summary columns. Is this a glitch or is it intentional?

Re: spreadsheets

The summary columns should change.

Something happened on my computer a couple of weeks ago, so that the summary columns don't get updated until I have saved the document. I have no idea why it's like this (I don't think it has to do with the formula setup) but maybe you have the same problem.

Henrik
The summary columns should change.

Something happened on my computer a couple of weeks ago, so that the summary columns don't get updated until I have saved the document. I have no idea why it's like this (I don't think it has to do with the formula setup) but maybe you have the same problem.

Yes, that happens with me too when I update the spreadsheets.

I hope it's not some kind of virus that has been spread among us...

Are you looking at a "read only" version of the spreadsheet?

No, Chris, but thanks for raising that question.

Thanks Henrik and Harold for your replies.

Though I'm a relative newcomer to the forum, I can't imagine there are many individuals who have spent as much time as I have in the last year pouring over these databases. Many hundreds of hours, enthusiastically and joyously. I've learned so much.

There are only two things greater for me than knowledge, one a subset (or maybe a parent) of knowledge - truth. The other, love.

I am in the debt of everyone who participates in the maintenance and development of this site.