Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Musical torture

We got a new puppy last week, and it's been great! However, she still can't sleep through the night, so I have to wake up at least once in the middle of the night to take her outside. Once she's inside, she takes some time to settle back in to sleep. We were advised that putting on a radio would help her to feel more comfortable. At first, I put on the only radio station that I can tolerate, but I found that they were playing some seriously hardcore drum 'n bass in the middle of the night, disturbing puppy! So we changed to some bullshit Top 40 station with a playlist of about 15 songs.

The worst of these is a song called "This Is Who I Am" by Aussie Vanessa Amorosi. I had never really heard of her before, but I vaguely recall seeing her interviewed and saying that she was "taking a risk" with this album and releasing something a bit more "edgy". Having heard the song, this statement is just laughable. This song is a banal, predictable, run-of-the-mill pop/rock "girl anthem". The "edge" is a truly ear-piercing sequence of shrieks that come after the chorus, making a merely awful and forgettable song truly atrocious. The combination of sleep deprivation and hearing this song over and over has fanned the flames of hatred!

Behold the horror if you dare! I'd honestly rather listen to Beyonce's new single than this, and that is really saying something.

Re: Musical torture

Congratulations to the baby, Moonbeam!!!

Henrik
Congratulations to the baby, Moonbeam!!!

Thanks! She's well worth putting up with the Vanessa Amorosis and Beyonces of the world, painful as it may be!

Oh dear, what a misunderstanding. I thought you had gotten a daughter! I thought it was a bit strange to call her a puppy, but I'm not into the dog-business myself so I just thought it was a word you used to undramatize the big happening. What you are going through fits so well with a baby's first months (although I did wonder about the "take her outside" part).

Henrik
Oh dear, what a misunderstanding. I thought you had gotten a daughter! I thought it was a bit strange to call her a puppy, but I'm not into the dog-business myself so I just thought it was a word you used to undramatize the big happening. What you are going through fits so well with a baby's first months (although I did wonder about the "take her outside" part).

That's awesome! It does feel a small bit like having a human baby, but I know it must not be one quarter the stress.

Couldn't you put on a Prince CD rather than the radio? Doggy might as well acquire the taste :-)

There has got to be one classical or jazz station playing late at night. Or some quiet storm.

Aww..

very cute, Moon. I have a mini Fox terrier (all of 4-5 lbs. hehe)

I know what you mean, about these safe acts saying they're doing something "different" or "edgier"- uh HUH.

Snusmumrik
Couldn't you put on a Prince CD rather than the radio? Doggy might as well acquire the taste :-)

Oh, Zoe is being exposed to the funk as well! Maybe I will try to put on some Prince for her at night. Maybe I'll let her groove to The Black Album.

VanillaFire1000
There has got to be one classical or jazz station playing late at night. Or some quiet storm.

I should check the AM stations! Quiet storm would be nice. Zoe could use a little Sade.

Re: Aww..

JR
very cute, Moon. I have a mini Fox terrier (all of 4-5 lbs. hehe)

I know what you mean, about these safe acts saying they're doing something "different" or "edgier"- uh HUH.

JR, you should post pics of your little doggie friend! And yes, "edge" to many acts is a laughable concept indeed!

I'm not in the dog business either but Zoe looks cute.
I have to admit that I also thought after reading your first Facebook posts that it was a baby girl

She's TOTALLY taking a risk with this song. Why you hatin'? Maybe we'll be lucky enough to hear Clay Aiken sing this song next year?

No college stations around?

Not the best, but not small-rotation top 40 either.

here's to you, twilight zonebeam... or just a mere coincidence that i'm more into felines than you..((?)) well, hardly... eitherway, our mutual t5s ultimately know better... after all we nom nom'd through..

heart you..