Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EOD List New Musical Express (UK) (albums)

The list was not solely voted for by current NME staff, ex-staffers and industry people (including Radiohead, Arctic Monkeys, Vampire Weekend, Glasvegas as well as label bigwigs.)

It's a pretty good list, It sums up what the NME has been about for the past ten years beyond the numbers chasing front covers. If you don't like the NME chances are you you won't like this list.

Two Dancers would look like a favourite for #1 at the end of the year but of course there would have been plenty of people who didn't vote for any 2009 album who will change the shape of the ballot. In early 2000 Travis's The Man Who made Melody Maker's top 100 albums of all times. It was 5th on the year end list for 1999.

Cannot believe Coldplay's 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head' dosen't even make the top 100...this was their #1 album of '02 & 40th best of ALL-TIME in '03!

Chas
Cannot believe Coldplay's 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head' dosen't even make the top 100...this was their #1 album of '02 & 40th best of ALL-TIME in '03!

Possibly com NME's happened to me. Sounds like a good album in the first three listeners, but now I never want to hear that record again

The absence of any Franz Ferdinand is both a shock and a shame; I guess the extra voting panel didn't see it as meritworthy (wrong)