The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Thank you, sir...

the update is much appreciated- satill taking it in. :)

Question: Were the Iguana albums lists removed from the site? I was just adding the new info for Madge in my records, and noticed the Iguana citations are not on the site for Ray of Light (No. 46), Music (No. 78) and Confessions on a Dance Floor (No. 67). Thanks, bud. :)

And...

thanks to all others for their work.

There were some lists I wasn't even aware of, and i try to keep track of these. hehe (like some newly added ones from France, like the FNAC one)

Couple Other Questions...

1. RE lists that didn't have an order- why are some credited with a "1" ranking, whereas others have the regular "No Order" credit?

2. RE Le Guide du CD (France)- I take it that select albums from an act were included in this feature, and not an act's entire discography?

Thanks. :)

Re: Thank you, sir...

JR
the update is much appreciated- satill taking it in. :)

Question: Were the Iguana albums lists removed from the site? I was just adding the new info for Madge in my records, and noticed the Iguana citations are not on the site for Ray of Light (No. 46), Music (No. 78) and Confessions on a Dance Floor (No. 67). Thanks, bud. :)
I discovered that the Iguana lists are from one person only, and I don't include any EOY lists from single critics.

Re: Couple Other Questions...

JR
1. RE lists that didn't have an order- why are some credited with a "1" ranking, whereas others have the regular "No Order" credit?

2. RE Le Guide du CD (France)- I take it that select albums from an act were included in this feature, and not an act's entire discography?

Thanks. :)
They should have "No Order". Which ones have a "1"?

Le Guide has incomplete discographys. I don't know why.

Re: The update

Henrik
is here.

Qouting Blur: Whoah!

What a feast!!! and feat!!! Simply superb!!! Thanx Henrik!!!

I, like a few others, am very, very glad that many of the new additions have been foreign music. It adds so much flavor to AM. The way I see it, on most movie lists and list aggregation sites like TSP, foreign films are a normal occurence among the top 200 and above. But with music, this has been sorely (though understandably, since it's hard to have "subtitles" for albums) lacking. Man I love this site.

Robert Christgau...

Henrik, do you still include his ratings for albums? I.e., he gave Confessions on a Dance Floor a B+, but it's not included with the album's information. (probably are other acts' albums, as well, that he rated).