Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Update coming?

Surprised there isn't any discussion on this, at least not which I noticed but can we expect a Top 3000 update this month since the last one was in November last year? Also, I would like to suggest the idea of semi-annual updates like fall/spring. The fall one could be all-time lists and still be the big update each year but it would be rather nice to have all the year end lists reflected in the overall rankings sooner than 11 months after they come out. In any case much love and respect to Henrik & all others who contribute to this site which has turned me on to so much great music over the years.

Re: Update coming?

there has been discussions, just long ago. it was decided that updates would be yearly, i believe. the thing is it's hard to update too often because it's a tremendous workload for one person (Henrik) thankfully he has some AMers helping him out.

I gathered that this update will not include 2009 yearly lists. Is that true?

Yup.

Then we do at the very least have some kind of formal confirmation that an update is coming this month?

notdarkyet14
Then we do at the very least have some kind of formal confirmation that an update is coming this month?

Not formally, no. Henrik said there MIGHT be an update this month. I think he really wants and expects this to happen, but given the extent of the work involved and everything else going on in his busy life he didn't want to explicitly promise anything just in case reality gets in the way.

Hope this helps!

Very much so. Thanks for the info!

Harold Wexler
notdarkyet14

Not formally, no. Henrik said there MIGHT be an update this month. I think he really wants and expects this to happen, but given the extent of the work involved and everything else going on in his busy life he didn't want to explicitly promise anything just in case reality gets in the way.

Hope this helps!
Harold, thanks for this comment. At this moment, I have nothing to add.

Henrik, I just want to say - your website is awesome. As a musician and voracious pop music consumer, it is one of the most useful music reference guides I have ever found. Thanks for keeping up the great work!

Henrik
Harold Wexler
notdarkyet14

Hope this helps!

Very sneaky, my friend!...and incredibly awesome. Thanks for your toils and I look forward to checking out how different things have been effected.

notdarkyet14
Henrik
Harold Wexler
notdarkyet14

Hope this helps!

Very sneaky, my friend!...and incredibly awesome. Thanks for your toils and I look forward to checking out how different things have been effected.
For several weeks now, I have felt that I'm pretty close to an update, but there have always been things to add or change. So when I wrote "I have nothing to add" I really wasn't sure when the update would take place (although I was almost 100% sure that I would make it within November). But then suddenly everything fell into place. Well except for the Beyonce error, which I'm solving now.

Well I couldn't be more glad. Thanks once more.