Go to the NEW FORUM
Yes! Finally the right number one!
[heavenly falsetto]The critics they adored him/For his humor, and his complex storytelling[/heavenly falsetto]
It's about time that Sufjan got some love. Maybe now he'll break into the T10 where he belongs.
less work for Harold:
01. Sufjan Stevens: Illinois [Asthmatic Kitty] (2005)
02. Wilco: Yankee Hotel Foxtrot [Nonesuch] (2002)
03. Arcade Fire: Funeral [Merge] (2004)
04. Radiohead: Kid A [Capitol] (2000)
05. Bright Eyes: I’m Wide Awake, It’s Morning [Saddle Creek] (2005)
06. The White Stripes: Elephant [V2] (2003)
07. Gillian Welch: Time (the Revelator) [Acony] (2001)
08. OutKast: Stankonia [Arista/LaFace] (2000)
09. The Avett Brothers: I and Love and You [Columbia/American] (2009)
10. M.I.A.: Arular [Interscope] (2005)
11. The Hold Steady: Boys and Girls in America [Vagrant] (2006)
12. Spoon: Kill the Moonlight [Merge] (2002)
13. Josh Ritter: The Animal Years [V2] (2006)
14. The Strokes: Is This It [RCA] (2001)
15. Patty Griffin: 1000 Kisses [ATO] (2002)
16. Rufus Wainwright: Want One [Dreamworks] (2003)
17. Kanye West: The College Dropout [Roc-A-Fella] (2004)
18. Amy Winehouse: Back To Black [Universal Republic] (2007)
19. Beck: Sea Change [Interscope] (2002)
20. The National: Boxer [Beggars Banquet] (2007)
21. Vampire Weekend: Vampire Weekend [XL] (2008)
22. The Decemberists: The Crane Wife [Capitol] (2006)
23. Ryan Adams: Heartbreaker [Bloodshot] (2000)
24. The Shins: Chutes Too Narrow [Sub Pop] (2003)
25. Sigur Rós: Med ud i eyrum vid spilum endalaust [XL] (2008)
26. Over the Rhine: Ohio (2004)
27. Drive-By Truckers: Decoration Day [New West] (2003)
28. Paul Westerberg: Folker [Vagrant] (2004)
29. Bon Iver: For Emma, Forever Ago [Jagjaguwar] (2008)
30. Damien Rice: O [Vector] (2003)
31. Death Cab For Cutie: Transatlanticism [Barsuk] (2003)
32. The Flaming Lips: Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots [Warner Bros.] (2002)
33. Coldplay: A Rush Of Blood To The Head [Capitol] (2002)
34. Various artists: O Brother Where Art Thou? [Mercury] (2001)
35. Animal Collective: Merriweather Post Pavilion (Domino) (2009)
36. Pedro The Lion: Control [Jade Tree] (2002)
37. Iron & Wine: Our Endless Numbered Days (2004)
38. Gentleman Jesse: Introducing Gentleman Jesse (Douchemaster) (2008)
39. Arcade Fire: Neon Bible [Merge] (2007)
40. TV on the Radio: Return to Cookie Mountain [Interscope] (2006)
41. LCD Soundsystem: Sound of Silver [Capitol] (2007)
42. Jay-Z: The Blueprint [Roc-A-Fella] (2001)
43. Jens Lekman: Night Falls Over Kortedala [Secretly Canadian] (2007)
44. The Jayhawks: Rainy Day Music [Lost Highway] (2003)
45. Radiohead: In Rainbows [Self-released] (2007)
46. Once: Music From The Motion Picture [Columbia] (2007)
47. Arctic Monkeys: Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not (Domino) (2006)
48. Loretta Lynn: Van Lear Rose [Interscope] (2004)
49. Libertines: Up The Bracket [Rough Trade] (2002)
50. Björk: Vespertine [Elektra] 2001
One of the best lists that I've seen. Probably a little too indie-centered, but that's where my tastes run as well...
(By the way, I know "otisredding" is your screen name. You don't mind that I call you Otis, do you?)
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot #2!
O Brother Where Art Thou? on the list? AWESOME!
Neon Bible finally up there too.
Strange thing about Coldplay: AROBTTH is the only one getting on lists. I figured VLVODALHF would be on some.
Save for the absence of Silent Shout and Ys this is my favored EOD list yet.
Joanna Newsom is going to have quite a plummet next time Henrik updates. Nobody's putting her on their EOD lists.
One of the best lists yet! Great #1
This list is interesting in that the sort of untouchable top 7 that's formed (Kid A, Stankonia, Is This It, Blueprint, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Funeral, Sound of Silver) had a few drops. I wonder how much the low placement for The Blueprint and Sound of Silver will hurt those albums.
Maybe we'll see YHF overtake the Blueprint and Stankonia overtake Sound of Silver.
Plus: Vespertine gets another nod! That's my pick for Number 1 of the decade!
Minus: Given the indie-nature of the list, Sound of Silver is way too low. It's placed below Neon Bible and In Rainbows from 2007 alone, and I think that's a big mistake!
I vastly prefer In Rainbows to Sound of Silver. That said, Neon Bible isn't even a top 5 of 2007 for me.
in rainbows is so vastly overrated it's obscene.
i like this list alright. but it has the best top 4 of all the lists ive seen yet!
In Rainbows is my #6 of the decade...so I can't agree with you there.
But I can agree that the top 4 is great. It's nice to see Sufjan get some love. Can't wait till Harold puts this and the other new one up.
This is one of my favorite list so far, and it doesn't even have my No. 1 of the decade on it. But hooray for the Hold Steady, Drive-by Truckers and Loretta Lynn to name a few that haven't been getting their due.
I'm glad to see Bright Eyes up there. Great album that got alot of attention the year it was released but not alot since then. Also, happy to see Arular over Kala. It pisses me off that AMG replaced the 4.5 stars it had given Arular with 4 stars when Kala came out. Why not 4.5 for both? But what about the Avett Brothers? Anyone heard them?
I dont like this list, too much generic indie rock.