Return to Website

The Magic of Yellowstone

A discussion forum on anything Yellowstone.

The Magic of Yellowstone
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rise in visitors to newspaper

Thanks to a welcomed but unsolicited post on another forum from a friendly acquaintance of mine who runs his own unique web site, there has been a sharp increase in numbers of people visiting the newspaper part of my site in the last 48 hours.

Numbers will probably level off in the next couple days as the post disappears (either as it slips down the list or is removed by the webmaster--and I won't explain here why that wouldn't surprise me), but it's exciting to know that people are finding that part of my site useful. If only a few you out there share comments on Yellowstone issues in the forum...but alas...we can't have it all.

Anyhow, part of me is a little worried that I'll exceed my bandwidth quota. That's not the most pleasant of problems because it will mean I will have to pay for these servers, but that's a long ways off.

Besides that, I haven't done much with the site recently. I discovered that a Wyoming news link site misrepresented the newspaper's URL as http://www.yellowstone-online.com/newspaper . So, I decided to have that link to my main page. Why? Well, selfish reasons probably...but in doing so, I decided to put top headlines on the front page. That way people who don't want to read all of them can see what I've decided are the top stories currently coming out of the region.

But, besides that, I haven't had time to do much with it. Any volunteer help I could get would be appreciated.

Jim Macdonald

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have just finished uploading an improved job guide. Unfortunately, the National Park Service pages are still down, but I have added a lot of links to seasonal employers in the Greater Yellowstone region. I think the list is more complete than what you will find on Coolworks, at least for the immediate region.

If anyone is an employer in the region or has a tip on a link, I would be very glad to add it.

In other site news, I have continued to make improvements on the bookstore. All the links should now work, but the pages are incomplete. I need to add current works to each of the lists. The bookstore, when it is finished, should be a rather complete list of books that are currently in stock at Amazon. Some titles are near selling out, and so I make no promises. Still, I hope it is helpfully orgainized. If anyone has a book review they would like to offer for any of the titles, if it is sufficient to publish, I will be happy to add it.

I have made other small adjustments to several pages, but I don't think any are too noteworthy.

Jim