Return to Website

The Magic of Yellowstone

A discussion forum on anything Yellowstone.

The Magic of Yellowstone
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Site News--Enlarged Old Faithful Webcam added

I have added an enlarged version of the Old Faithful webcam. Now that the National Park Service site is up, I had the chance to see their webcams for the first time. I saw my first eruption of Old Faithful in almost four years. The enlarged picture is not perfect because the whole page is refreshed every time, and it may be a bit annoying adjusting your screen every time it reloads. Still, the larger image still holds much of its resolution, and I think it renders it more visible. I may tinker with the design some more.

The cam is only available in daylight for obvious reasons. An infamous question to workers in Yellowstone that people get from time-to-time is, "What time do they turn Old Faithful off?" Absurd question, but the webcam is effectively invisible when it becomes dark.

Jim Macdonald

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have just finished uploading an improved job guide. Unfortunately, the National Park Service pages are still down, but I have added a lot of links to seasonal employers in the Greater Yellowstone region. I think the list is more complete than what you will find on Coolworks, at least for the immediate region.

If anyone is an employer in the region or has a tip on a link, I would be very glad to add it.

In other site news, I have continued to make improvements on the bookstore. All the links should now work, but the pages are incomplete. I need to add current works to each of the lists. The bookstore, when it is finished, should be a rather complete list of books that are currently in stock at Amazon. Some titles are near selling out, and so I make no promises. Still, I hope it is helpfully orgainized. If anyone has a book review they would like to offer for any of the titles, if it is sufficient to publish, I will be happy to add it.

I have made other small adjustments to several pages, but I don't think any are too noteworthy.

Jim