Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

Parts for sale / wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Triumph 5SW for sale

I certainly do!!...It's a long time since I rebuilt that from a basket case...A lot of new parts fitted at the time including a NOS barrel...How much is he asking for it?....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Yes Ian. It's served two owners well since you built it. He was here today and I helped with a few little jobs on the bike. We only bandied some figures around so best that the seller decides on his asking price. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron, would the owner be a certain Rubble Stacker with then ?

email (option): marian.andrew@btopenworld.com

How dare you Andy! He's a quality brick layer!! Indeed he was the previous owner. Ron:eye::eye:

Often admired that bike
Fine machine
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

I really love riding mine, The slick Triumph gearbox is a pleasure after an M20, although the "upside down" gear change will catch me out now and then:thinking_face:
I think we only have about 7 of these on the WD Triumph register now. Ron
DSCF3573-2

I came across this thread about a 5SW for sale this evening. I’ve got the “rusted remains” of a 1940 5SW.

I‘ll be starting the restoration soon and will lots of parts, and help and advise.

Any help you can give will be much appreciated.

email (option): Inspire.jw@gmail.com

I'll be interested to hear about and see pictures of your restoration. Ron

There is a (presumably ex French contract) 5SW for sale in France:
https://www.leboncoin.fr/ad/motos/2428418188

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Did the French have some of these Jan? By the time they were accepted for service here, France had fallen. Or were some sent there before Dunkirk? Maybe civy 5S's. I remember that the Belgium jumbler (forget his name for the moment) had an ex French 5S for sale at Netley some years ago. Ron

:bulb: It just came to me "Gilbert Bredimous" I think. :relaxed: Ron

Ron Pier
Did the French have some of these Jan? By the time they were accepted for service here, France had fallen. Or were some sent there before Dunkirk? Maybe civy 5S's. I remember that the Belgium jumbler (forget his name for the moment) had an ex French 5S for sale at Netley some years ago. Ron
Remember the pre-Dunkirk "French contract bikes" Ron? The French suddenly realised that their factories could never produce the motorcycles that they needed in time. So Lieutenant De Baulny was sent on a mission to England, where he visited several motorcycle factories. BSA was already going full steam for the British and Dutch Armies, they didn't have the capacity anymore to build a French contract as well. But the Ariel NG, Royal Enfield WD/C, Triumph 5SW and Velocette MAC were all considered "fit for service" and ordered in large quantities. None of the Velocettes made it to the French shores before the Dunkirk retreat, but several Ariels, Enfields and Triumphs were delivered (shortly) before the German invasion. I'm pretty sure that the advertised Triumph 5SW is one of these...

See also this article that I made together with François Vauviller.

I'd love to be able to read that Jan. Google translate can't cope though. Could you email me a translation of the 5SW section please.

Cheers Ron

I've sent you a translation of the complete article Ron.

Nieuwe pagina 1