Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

Parts for sale / wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Early clamp on footrests

What-ho chaps...I'm after a complete set of m20 pillion footrests and mounting clamps etc for my 1940 M20.....any about out there in forum land??..?thankyou, Shaun

email (option): jacko1977pfc@gmail.com

Re: Early clamp on footrests

Hello Shaun,

I've got just one clamp-on that I think is right. I can send a picture (I just can't work out how to add one here). It says 'Brooks' on it.

Allan (in the USA) allanmatchless@yahoo.com

email (option): allanmatchless@yahoo.com

This is what Shaun is looking for. Various company's made after market clamp on pillion sets, but I'm fairly sure that these were made by BSA. Ron

DSCF0678
DSCF0675

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks so much for this clarification, Ron. Mine is clearly not the right article! I think mine came from an earlier era.

Best wishes, Allan

Yes,they're the type I'm after thanks Ron...the pictures for reference appreciated!!

Hi Shaun,

Stuart Bray has a set, with foot pegs, they are £240 !!

Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

I have one half of the clampy bit, and the pivot casting, no folding footrest, will take a picture if I can find it quick.

Cheers,

Lex

Here 2 pictures, I cleaned it a bit, and then German Wehrmacht grey paint surfaced under the black, I found this part in Belgium, so asume it's from an ex BEF bike, nice surprise! Just had a better look, and there is KG No.3 under the gray, now Rik suggested that they weren't allowed to have pillion footrests in the BEF, but they must have had it on this one.

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Thanks very much Dave for the heads up on the stuart bray site!! Your'e a gent sir!....think 240 quid is a bit on the "rich side" for me at the moment though!?...got my fingers crossed there'll be something else out there?......I'm a hopeless optimist!😆

No worries Shaun, hopefully a pair will turn up. I do think that they are on the pricey side, but saying that, they are rare.
Good luck on your hunt.

Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

Excellent pictures, Ron. Very informative. Are the actual footrests (as opposed to the clamps) the same as on later wm20s? If so I have a pair of the later type - but no clamps, obviously.

Allan

Yes Allan, they are the standard BSA foot rests. Here are the later war retro fit instructions for the early bikes. Ron

Scan-141116-0002

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Many thanks for this, Ron. It's most informative!

Allan

Hi Folks, I too am after a pair - might it be worth getting some made up? Has anyone got drawings of a set?

email (option): s.morganclare@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1