Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

Parts for sale / wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help need sump stud for KM20

Hello,
When to close up the sump and one of the studs is knackered up, threads are a mess.

I also probable need the nut as well. I am completely lost about the whitworth thing. The stud is about 13/16 long with course threads on one end and fine threads on the other the course threads screw into the engine. It is the fine threads that are buggered.

Help,
Charlie

email (option): cbhaws@verizon.net

Re: Help need sump stud for KM20

No worries.
I found the part on eBay. In the UK of course.
Thanks,
CB

Well for future reference, the stud will be 1/4 whit (20tpi) into the engine and 1/4 BSCycle (26tpi) for the nut. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron for your information. Whitworth is still a mystery to me. Knowing what to order will make things easier. Hopefully the long studs for the aftermarket sump cover will work. If not I know what to order for the OEM sump cover.
As soon as I get the sump cover on and the sump nine filler with oil and a battery I am going to kick her over and see what happens.

I have done nothing with the carb. So I am not hopeful she will run. I just want to see if she will fire. Well maybe on second thought I better open the carb. The tank was full of rust and needs a good cleaning and then a good coating.
Anyway thanks again.

Nieuwe pagina 1