Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

Parts for sale / wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wanted rear brake drum WM20

Hi,
Call me frivolous, I’m thinking I might need a rear brake drum, if anybody has one please?

email (option): Sglover1104@gmail.com

Re: Wanted rear brake drum WM20

Steve,
I also need one, Ron Pier told me he bought a new repro one from Les at Russell Motors years ago which he tells me has been fine ever since. I spoke to Les before the lockdown began who confirmed he does still get them made in the UK and retail for around £100. I am currently waiting for him to get a new batch in. Might be worth speaking to him unless you are set on an original one.

email (option): m.gurr@yahoo.com

Re: Wanted rear brake drum WM20

Made by 'Velocette' in Coventry who are ( I believe) still based in one of the old Triumph factories at Meriden ...No connection to Velocette Motors other than the name...They are a trade outlet only so you'll need to find a dealer who stocks their products...Very nicely made, I've had a few of them....

Don't be tempted by an Indian manufactured one...I had one of those and the teeth rapidly broke off...
Highly technical investigations with a lump hammer broke it up and from the grain structure I would say it was made from cast iron....They should be steel...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1