Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

Parts for sale / wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scam Alert

This person (neilwilson266@gmail.com) emailed me regarding parts I needed. Claimed to be parting out a really nice M20 (from the pictures he sent) and he had parts I was looking for on this site. I asked if the bike was for sale and he told me his dad recently passed and he had to sell the bike. Didn’t make sense he was parting it out. He offered it to me for $1800 USD. He said he could get it shipped from PA to
CT for $100. He wanted me to pay in advance to his secretary, which was another flag. I asked him to send me a video of him starting the bike but he pushed back. He was pressuring me to send money saying he had medical bills and the doctor was after him. He needed the money today. I told him I would bring cash and pick up the bike. Needless to say he didn’t want to do that. The strange thing is he gave me his phone number and I spoke with him. He was difficult to understand due to his accent. His phone was a Texas area code.

Beware of this guy Neil Wilson (if that is his name). I wonder if he has tried to scam anyone else on this site.

Re: Scam Alert

See main forum for more on this fella.
Richard

Pound to a penny "Neil" is in Lagos; Calcutta or somewhere similar.

They are clever at the dud phone locations. Possibly to do with the 'press 1 to continue' caper on your land lines.

There was a scammer on a the UK Guntrader who had got onto a few Militaria and weapons forums, Pawel Nowak, was selling a German WW2 sniper scope for a very decent price, only problem was his pics were from the internet, got very bolshy when I asked for more pics details etc and said I would use paypal, there is a link below that has more info, these scammers come in all shapes and sizes so tread carefully regarding the very cheap deals etc.

https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=15956&page=1

whenever I'm in doubt, I run a reverse image search on the images. If the same image turns up somewhere else, its likely the seller is a scammer. Not a perfect system but effective 90% of the time...

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

Asking for more detailed pictures showing particular aspects of the part/bike etc. usually works to flush them out...They can't photograph what they haven't got...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1