The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Half Crown

Nice example Rik

I hadn't noticed that Rons had the 2/6' printed on it, my red/black ink example doesn't either.

All my later ww2 black ink examples don't have 2/6' marked, but one has a small round paper sticker with (ROMAC 3').

I also have a few shorter tins

2 different "Junior" tins, a red/black example with 1/6' and a black only without.

2 different smaller still, one marked "Shilling 1'" and one originally unpriced but "1/2" inked onto the side, both black ink only.

And I still regret not buying the half a crown tin I saw at Beaulieu several years ago which had a complete wrap around paper label.

Rob

Rob, I half wondered whether the 2/6 disappeared as the price had increased during the late 1930s but they probably wouldn't have been allowed to call it the "Half-a-Crown" if it cost more.

The Brown Brothers catalogue for 1939 though still lists it at 2/6d. I'll have to have another go at a time line for these. There are so many variations !

I'm happy with the 2/6 on for a late 1939 Norton but a mid-war BSA probably shouldn't have it. Norton had changed to the Dunlop tin by the latter part of 1940.

I just bought a pair of the pointed Romac scissors on ebay. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

These scissors came free. They're the only contents though.

Nieuwe pagina 1