The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Royal Enfield WD/CO engine rebuild

Ron Pier
Andy.... Ainsley says we settled on 57%. There will always be vibration, but this gave me the most comfortable setting. My WD/CO and WD/G are both fitted with the dome top pistons from Hitchcock's. These raise the compression from 6.1-1 to 7.1-1. But yours seems to go well enough with however your engine is configured.:+1: Ron
The reason I was looking at this Ron is because on the the recent Worcsetershire Rally my WD/CO developed a new and quite loud mechanical noise from the engine. It sounded quite disconcerting...further investigation has revieledthat bizarrley it was mostly the decompressor shaft vibrating against the exhaust tappet and the the alloy cover..you would not think something so small could make a noise so loud...fixed it by putting a very small rubber o ring in the recess in the alloy tappet cover to "wedge" the shaft in place !!

email (option): marian.andrew@btopenworld.com

Ha Ha Well done Andy. A rubber O ring was a cheaper fix than a total strip and new main bearings....You just need to nail that exhaust pipe on better.:hammer_and_wrench: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Never really had this engine apart... I suppose I really should but scared to look! Runs ok though even if its not as quiet mechanically as yours. As long as it lasts another 3 or 400 miles I will be OK :smiley: ....The exhaust has been well and truley fixed curtesy of the correct stud and shouldered nut from Hitchcocks !!

email (option): marian.andrew@btopenworld.com

Nieuwe pagina 1