Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: M20 sprinter...

Yes, if there was ever a long project this is it...Like many I guess I had too many projects and kept taking on more...As I couldn't use this one on the road it kept slipping onto the 'back burner' as I rebuilt other bikes..However, I have completed a lot of the work on it so it's not all bad...
It will be at the top of the pile when I finish my current project, a 'special' that will be the last road bike I build...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

this is really exciting and am looking forward to follow up information and photos. i remember many years ago seeing a young chap at Russell motors - near where i lived - with a stripped down M20 which he said could do 100 mph. I don't know if it could, but it looked the part. would be great to see this terrific project come to fulfilment. all very best with it. and thanks for keeping us posted.

Ian Wright
Yes, if there was ever a long project this is it...Like many I guess I had too many projects and kept taking on more...As I couldn't use this one on the road it kept slipping onto the 'back burner' as I rebuilt other bikes..However, I have completed a lot of the work on it so it's not all bad...
It will be at the top of the pile when I finish my current project, a 'special' that will be the last road bike I build...Ian
Good luck with that 'last road bike' Ian. :laughing:
At 84 I am on about my fifth 'last bike' at the moment, a 1961 T21.
Already thinking about the next 'last one'
Baz

email (option): binnawan@iinet.net.au

Ha Ha Baz! Good on you mate. I said "LAST ONE" about 3 bikes ago. But I'm still a way off 84. I'm just finishing off my nod to the "Bar None motorcycle club"..... Never say never!! Ron

DSCF6051

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Very nice Ian, did you make the flywheel assembly yourself or have it made by someone else? Cheers JT

The crank was made by Phil Pearson to my specifications...The conrod is a 'one off' from Carillo...The piston a 'one off' from CP Pistons...Valves are specials from Manley Valves in America..Cams are Gold Star Scrambles (Ex) and a 'one off' inlet to my specs....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian, outstanding work. best of luck you are an outstanding craftsman. please keep us informed. Charlie

email (option): millcrocfarm@gmail.com

Hi Ian, wow that's very impressive. Harry

email (option): gerbil1066@hotmail.com

And we are all curious how fast it will be...!

Nieuwe pagina 1