Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Oil Seal for Magdyno & Shims

If I see more of them I will make a Jig plate Florian, but for now I have a large angle plate I mount to the timing side.
Only take just enough material to clean the faces, I would hope it would be well under 1mm
For the magneto remove the mounting pins and make some new ones that are a good fit in the crankcases.
The spacer under the magneto can be located using the four pins.
Small adjustments can be made using these.

https://pesltd.uk/?product=66-2347

Think long and hard before taking a cut.
Paranoia is your best friend.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Thank you so much Mark for your incredibly valuable tips in this case.
I take your words very seriously and appreciate them very much.
Thanks also for the tip about the holder in the mill.

I'm also more of a fan of this - removing as little of the original material as possible and preserving everything in its original condition as best as possible.
Therefore, in this case I will try to apply a little more material to the worn areas on the engine halves and then ideally just remove the protrusions in the mill.
As a result, I would have to estimate 0 - 0.2 mm of removal on the surface of the engine halves.
With the dynamo I would also do it as you recommend - unfortunately I can't weld anything on here... but I think here too I'll only remove a minimal amount of material to create a flat surface - nothing more.
I take out the pins and replace them with better ones - crescent-shaped ones, which distribute the forces better across the adjacent material.

As I make progress I will share it with you all.

email (option): beachbraker@gmx.de

The magdyno platform wearing is very common as no one ever checks if the strap is tight. They put the magdyno on the bike and tighten the bolt and never ever check it again.

Before every time you ride your M20, put a spanner on the bolt and make sure it is tight!

I once saw an M20 with the magdyno literally dancing around on its platform to the point I was surprised the gears were meshing. The unconcerned pilot kicked it into gear & chuffed off.

Nieuwe pagina 1