Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Magneto strap

Luckily i have a few spare studs so i decided to drill the ends use an extractor tool and scrap them so ive now installed 2 new studs(with the mag straps on this time) saved me pulling the motor apart again

It might be an idea to make some with a screw driver slot?

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Just take or make a long nut...3 times longer as a normal one..screw it on the stud just as you do normaly..screw it till the casing but not thighten it ...than put a bolt in the nut. tighten that by holding the long nut with a spanner and turn in the the bolt as fast as possible ...in a normal way...after that turn the long nut anticlockwise and you will screw out the long stud...

Yes Roy a slot in a stud may upset or make a purist snigger.
A long nut leaves no trace.

Good idea.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

A very neat solution Roy..In the past I've helicoiled the crankcase threads and fitted bolts of the correct length..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

That is also a nice solution ian..
The stud was not a very clever design ..when you snap a magneto strap ...should you remove the stud by completely dissamble the engine?
Such a big job for just a little problem😁😁

Good thinking Roy. I will remember that one. Ron:clap:

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Men Barber Shop sets the standard for quality men's shaves, cuts and products. Our goal is to provide our customers with an exceptional grooming experience that they will value, long after their visit to Men Barber Shop. Our team of experts understands how important it is to create a safe, comfortable environment in which to indulge while getting serviced - from a soothing scalp massage to the ultimate shave and professional clean up - leaving them completely confident in the service they receive.

email (option): hasnain.designdestrict@gmail.com

In this article, we will explore the significance of Architectural Design Service in Anaheim and how they contribute to the city's unique character and growth.

email (option): hasnain.designdestrict@gmail.com

Doberman Puppies for sale in Tennessee offers an opportunity to welcome a devoted, loyal, and intelligent companion into your life.

email (option): jamesarcher382@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1