Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
vehical numbers

Does anybody know Did the Royal Navy have its own vehicle numbering system or would it have used the standard system.
If it did does anybody know where I could trace it. I have a tank with RN6943 on it and dont know if its genuine or somebodies flight of fancy.
Colin

email (option): colina3cje@gmail.com

Re: vehical numbers

To the best of my knowledge, no-one has ever discovered any Admiralty vehicle records.

Period photos show RN used as a prefix and as a suffix. I know of photos of RN 6908 and RN 6914.

What colour is the tank, if it's dark blue or battleship grey then almost certainly an owner's artistic licence.

Out of interest Colin. What make of bike is your tank off?

Photos seem to show that they started to use RN as a prefix and then went over to RN as a suffix??

I have two ex RN bikes and the numbers are fictitious. Ron

Enfield-2
DSCF2739-3
DSCF5748

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Its a G3 painted Navy blue with chrome wheels and exhaust. looks pretty so I will keep it as it is, and the number false or not sets it off so it can stay,

email (option): colina3cje@gmail.com

As Senior sub-editor for "Fantasy" Magazine, my advice would be to to whatever takes your fancy.

Have it how you want it, you paid for it...
Personally, I think the post war period should be better represented but it isn't (yes there was one). However, the fixation seems to be with the 39-45 period....If people think Burma was the forgotten campaign Korea et all are more forgotten...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1