Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RAF Norton 16H

These came from the same source and I suspect the same photo album, looks like an Army Machine transfered to the RAF.

Rob

raf1

raf2

Re: RAF Norton 16H

Oddly, I have a very close C10217 machine on file in a Far East setting with a roundel on the front guard too.

I thought this cap badge was RASC.

1941-C4585699

Spam alert...?

🤔

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Another RAF Norton:

s-l1600-1

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Jan,

Bugger ! I did it too !

I've been trying to help make the Admin's job easier.

Its a pretty unhelpfull user name when we are being bombarded with spam.

However the first two pictures do have similarities, starting with a circular hole cut in the middle of the blackout.

Rob

Rob, I use it on the spam to make it easy for Nick and Bastiaan to find all the posts that I refer to them. I slipped up this time, and the forum auto-filled.

Does anyone else report spam posts ?

Yes I often do. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I feel that by us clogging this thread up with spam talk, the spammers have beaten us.

We need moderators that look in pretty much every day and act quickly.

IMHO the best actions the rest of us can do is not open this rubbish and just ignore it.

I have no idea who posted the second picture in this thread or why they would use that user name???

Moderators please remove this post with all the other non useful ones and make a sticky post with some rules.

Rob

Rob,
"Spam Alert" is Rik, he already stated so and it is recognisable by the caption to the picture he added!

Rik, I do not know how you could read the last two digits as being 99?? Absolutely not legible!
Also strange I have the same picture with ref to RASC and Italian campaign ?? Roundel indicated as air recognition sign!
Could of course not be the original rider! but then the location is unclear.

Nice pictures anyway and most likely Far East looking at the buildings so in line with Rik's addition.

Both machines are "early" types but retrofitted with panniers. One has the later horn bracket but still the frame tube clamp.

Cheers,

Rob

email (option): wd16h@telfort.nl

Thanks Rob. Glad to know that you recognised the "house style" :grinning:

As I said, I report spam frequently to the Admin (via Messenger) I've been using the alternative name to make it easier for them to spot the spam posts.

I can't read the last two digits by the way. I simply add nines to the readable part of the serials so that Windows roughly self-sorts the images. If I use an 'X' or similar then Windows would sort it at the beginning as a five or six digit number.

Is there a better way of doing it ?

Sorry Rik, I didn't understand.

Rob

Rob, it was clearly cross-purposes. No apology called for. :sunglasses:

Nieuwe pagina 1