Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Census Number

Thanks Lex, for the information on the winged M. I have no idea how the metal ones fixed one, thought that they may have been screwed on. I asked my friend, and he said that no metal one's were present. I did order him the transfers from Classic, and they arrived this morning, very quick service.
Cheers,
Dave

OK, Dave, I should have explained better about the badges, early tanks still had the little screw holes for the badges, later they did away with them, and nothing was used except the AMC tanktop transfer.

Some riders liked the big 's, and painted them on, but was not officially done by the factory.

Hope this helps,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi**.net

Hi Lex,
Thanks for clearing that up for me, I know nothing about Matchless bikes. Interested to know what you mean abot the AMC tanktop transfer. Hope that I got him the right M transfer, I ordered no 6822LC on classic transfers, listed as 1939 to 1945. Looking at some of the photos that Jan posted, some look different.

Ron, the C numbers came from Axholme today, looks like I have stuffed up, they are 1 1/2'' tall. I hope that they look ok on the tank?

Thanks everbody that helped me out with this.

Dave

Most of the WD Matchless transfers are under "AMC" https://classictransfers.co.uk/product/amc-8452-33x55mm/ Ron

G3L-137

Here is Lex's original.

Transfer-on-G3-L-tank-02

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron,l didn't know about that transfer, looks like my friend's bike should have one. Dave

Nieuwe pagina 1