Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Loose chainwheel and clutch hub

I just use sealant between the chainwheel & clutch cover, haven't had a failure. I make sure everything's clean first. Would oil soak through the cork?

I coated both sides of the cork gasket with silicone and installed the cover. Let it cure overnight. Clutch seems to be working on rear stand. I will button it up today and road test. Thanks for replies.
Barry

Quick update. Buttoned the chaincase up and went for short (5 mile) road test yesterday being July 4th and other obligations. No clutch slip or drag. Will have to see if new gasket and sealer keeps oil out of the clutch. Bike wet sumps like crazy. Have new ball and spring ordered but coming from Australia so could be a while. Stay tuned.
Barry

A tip! when you take the old ball and spring out, squirt out any crud with WD40 and an artist's brush and then blow it out with an air line. Put the new 1/4" ball in place and give it a gentle but sharp tap with a skinny drift to create a decent seat. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks for the tip Ron. Will do. I have several old Harleys that are notorious for sumping but perhaps I’ve been a fortunate as none of them sump. This bike sumps overnight. Hopefully, the new ball and spring will solve the problem as it is very annoying.
Barry

Nieuwe pagina 1