Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sprockets.

Anyone got a contact for someone who re-teeths sprockets? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Sprockets.

The engineering term is re-banding
so if you search using that term you will have more success.
I am yet to find some one to rebnd my 2 deceased clutch drums
They look at it and either say no or quote better than twice a NOS one will cost .
Another project for when I acquire the skills to do it .

Thanks Trevor, that helps. Ron

I expect I can Ron,

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Ah Ha! I was just about to ask you Mark. I've got this 17T x 1/4" gearbox sprocket for my B30 which needs to have 19T. The blanks are cheap but I haven't found anyone yet who performs the "re-banding". If it's something you can do, I'll clean it up and post it up to you.

The field stand arrived yesterday and looks very nice.

Cheers Ron

DSCF5550-2

Shouldn't be too much trouble Ron, just remember the sprockets are soft after welding.

I'm in the slow process of getting the material and tooling for doing the M20 gearbox sprockets.

I think the slots are the same as the clutch hub too.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

OK Mark, but I've also just realized that the boss is 1 5/8" diam. Can you turn that down to 1 9/16" also. The fun of building a rare bike with some of the wrong parts that are passed on. If so I'll post it up to the church....Bless you my son!

Cheers Ron

The ones I've done I machine off the teeth, then turn a small chamfer on each side, bore out the donor sprocket to be a press fit over the original and then tig weld around both sides...The fiddly bit can be holding the donor sprocket blank to bore it out if a lathe is used....Not so difficult on a mill with a flat sprocket....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1