Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Crashing / healing / Motorcycles ;)

Crikey, I had no idea. The determination to rebuild the bike is what kept me going when I took one over the roof of a car many years ago..Even if it's not cost-effective, it helps the feeling that the careless driver hasn't won. My "assailant" was convicted, but in the end, that doesn't help much, other perhaps than to make the insurance claim harder to defend.

It sounds as if you're going to be making use of your contacts in the old bike world in the foreseeable future.

There isn't much of Kit's bike that isn't bent or broken:scream: Ron

84-C7387-C-0-AF7-41-C0-8-A8-E-86-AAEE8197-B0

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

An awfull tale Kit, the first I had heard about it, I'm glad you are still with us and on the mend.

As to your WM20, perhaps a donor bike is your best option?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

This one shows just how bent it is. Ron
432-D4-D9-C-F7-DE-4213-ADAE-EC4581551670

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I'm inclined to agree with Rob Miller...Perhaps look for a donor bike..As many accurate parts as possible and perhaps devalued by a re-stamped frame number and / or lack of V5 and then concentrate upon re-tubing the original front frame section. I rebuilt my Commando with a new Andover Norton frame which is a luxury not available to brazed lug bikes.

That's a dreadful story, Kit.
Best wishes to you & yours.

So sorry to read this, I hope you both recover well. :(

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Not the story I wanted to read forst off after getting back from a weekend riding.
I have been there myself so I feel for you
In my case it was my own fault
Glad to hear you are on the mend , take it easy & slow
A slow full recovery is a lot beter than a fast partial recovery
Your bike does not look too well but just remember all of the stories of Wm20's that were hit with sheels ,ranover mines etc but were returned to service

just wanted to wish you the best after reading about your awful experience. grim at so many levels, from police failure to all your and your wife''s pain and suffering. but want to send all v best wishes and hopefully things will now be on the up xxx all best peter

Only seeing this now, and hope you are a bit better already! It surely brings back memories, of my big accident in '84, altered my life forever, but still riding!

Hang in there!

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi**.net

That whole saga stinks to me,you must have a claim/case for incompetance or corruption in police/cps surely?

I wonder if some outside pressure or favouritism/influence is involved? I got shot in the leg some years ago and encountered nothing but obstruction trying to get the known culprit prosecuted.

Nieuwe pagina 1