Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LH thread

A question, I have here a WD m20 rear brake spindle with left hand thread on the outside (so not the frame side)
Anyone seen this before ?
Bolts for this must be difficult to find...

Re: LH thread

I've never seen that and as the spindle is fixed and the nut tightens against the washer and spacer, thus locking it, I can't really see any benefit in it....Maybe someone lost a nut once and decided a left hand thread was the solution?....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Is the brake spindle the same as the wheel spindle? and which is the frame side, isn't there a frame on both sides?, can we clarify which part we are talking about.

Larger Military Vehicles have LH thread wheel nuts/bolts on one side to stop them coming undone so its quite possible they were specified at some point.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

It is the part inside the brake pedal (sorry for any confusion).
And the spindle looks NOS, never used.
As I said, the outside is lefthand thread. Very strange.

It amazes me how there is always something new turning up...If nothing else in this game you have to permanently keep an open mind!...Another thing on the list of questions to be answered....
I think you would have to go back to the beginning of M20 production, going through the parts lists by each year looking for a different part number to that of the more common component....(or the nut)....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1