Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Shepton mallet Autojumble

I'll be there and head straight to you John to drop stuff off for you and Ian. Picking stuff up also. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Kempton Autojumble was very quiet today and there were lots of large gaps. I’m afraid that Morton’s are running it into the ground by squeezing the stall holders and punters too much. However, I did manage to buy 2 nice rigid Matchless frames but I do wish I had gone to Shepton.

Shepton was very good, perhaps there were a couple more gaps and fewer punters than last time?, but still one of the best jumbles in my oinion, I had a few nice buys and I moved on several spare bits, but catching up with the fellow enthusiasts is the best bit, sorry you didn't get there Ian.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I also managed to find a few parts and my pre ordered parts from John O B, it makes a refreshing change to Kempton. I don't know why Moreton's clashed it? There were some of the regular dealers and lots of punters at Shepton. As usual I spent a good while chatting to friends (Rob, John etc. No Ian!)

There is also a lovely cafeteria behind the main hall, which is better than a dry bacon bap any day.

Cheers Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Yes, sadly something came up that prevented my attendance...I did do the 'Bristol Show' at Shepton in Febuary and would say that was much busier than it generally is...
I've got Stafford at the end of April and I'm hoping that will get a better attendance than last year, which was very poor as a trader...
I guess things will get 'back in the groove' at some point but there are a number of negative influences in play as well as the after effects of the Covid disruption...
Some of the traders I know are reporting plenty of activity, one has told me he had the best Febuary for sales of spares that he's had since he started the business nearly two decades ago...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I did manage to find a WD rear wheel for a James ML fir reasonable money. There was also a set of ML front forks but I think the seller still had them at the end of the day.

Shepton Mallet is on again tomorrow, a really nice jumble, hopefully the wet weather won't put too many outside stall holders off, and I hope JoBs crossing wasn't too rough. I will be on my usual pitch in the middle of the hall nearest the entrance.
Rob

We have just left port here at Rosslare - 7 hours delay / should have been nearly there by now

I’ll be in ER hall - 36 i think but tickets are in the van below deck
Hoping to sell, buy & meet some familiar faces along the way too
Br
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Have a good one, John and stop singing "Hoorah! And up she rises! " You'll upset the other passengers.:grinning:

It’s a little like rock & roll a lot here but not uncomfortable - so all very quiet on board

It’s just making a long day of it - won’t be off until at least 20.00 hrs at Pembroke / then haul our selves down to shepton

Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1