Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cushdrive/ sprocket spacer?

Regardless the spacers....Are the sprockets for 2 and 4 lobe the same or how can I identify the one form the other?

email (option): arnoldovertoom@gmail.com

The simple answer The sprockets either have 2 lobes or 4 lobes.

The 2 and 4 lobe sprockets are completely different....(as is the matching part of the cam, the spring, the nut and the crankshaft sleeve)...The 2 lobe sleeve has wider splines externally, the sprocket cam surface is wider and only has 2 'high points' not 4, and the cam form is more gentle than the 4 lobe type...It's worth noting that the 2 lobe cams were also fitted to the A7 nd A10 but for those models the crank mainshaft is a bigger diameter so those sleeves won't fit on the single cylinder cranks...

The most common type for the singles is the 4 lobe type and it's probably best to stick with that type as there are far more second hand parts available...The 2 lobe version was only fitted to later, pre alternator, swinging arm model OHV singles and the crank sleeves in particular are much less common for that reason....Ian

Thank you all for your prompt replies,This was realy of great help.
Now I can start looking for the correct parts.

Arnold

email (option): arnoldovertoom@gmail.com

Contact me off forum with the parts you are looking for...I may be able to help....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1