Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchless in the Navy

Hi all, O&M quotes contracts for Matchless machines that went to the RAF as well as the Army but I cannot find any reference to them being delivered to the Navy. I would be interested to know if anyone is aware of the Navy receiving Matchless’s and copies of photos if possible. Thanks JT

Re: Matchless in the Navy

I found these two pictures. The lack of a blackout mask in both pictures may suggest that they were both taken after the war. This is confirmed by the caption on the second picture, which says "Ceylon 1946".

109-001
Matchless-8211-RN-Ceylon-1946-zpszule7pnn

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Modified headlamp position on the first one! Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi John,
Was this information useful...?

Here's one...HMS Matchless..:relaxed: ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Sad to see that some people are always very greedy to get information, but never bother to thank the one who offers his time to do all this research.

"Gratia non solum maxima, sed etiam parens omnium virtutum."
Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.

Cicero

It's a thankless task generally Jan...I pass on what knowledge I have gleaned because I'm a believer in making things easier for others by shortening the learning curve that I've travelled....I accept that won't be acknowledged much of the time...However, I know many are appreciative even though they don't express it publicly....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thank you all very much for your contributions to this thread The information was very useful. I’ve had an exceedingly busy week so this is the first time I have logged on since I posted my request. Many thanks JT

Jan, the information was very helpful and much appreciated. I’ve had an extremely busy week and this is the first time I have logged on since posting my request. Many thanks JT

matchless in the second picture looks to be blue with a massive tank number, i wonder if they were painted blue from factory. also the lack of rear rack and pillion seat.

barry

Nieuwe pagina 1