Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Normandy 2023

John we have quite a contingent booked in at Etreham, I'm sure we'll be along, I'll be in touch nearer the time.

Cheers Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi John, three Norfolk lads will be there with our M20s.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): 1963mickholmes@gmail.com

Looks like another DR event is heading to Pegasus Bridge then...."Prostate to Normandy' - June 3rd - June 5th 2023 - in aid of Prostate Cancer UK Charity. June 3rd 2023 We are traveling from the midlands in the UK to Pegasus Bridge Normandy France. Traveling over 500 miles over 2/3 days. Riding on period Motorcycles, BSA's - Enfield, Ariel's to name a few, wearing period clothing and using period equipment, camping in WW2 infantry style 'Pup' tents eating 'period rations'. The aim is stop at many significant WW2 sites & Museums en route to Pegasus Bridge. Already booked and invited are the D-Day museum Portsmouth, American cemetery Omaha beach, Point-du-hoc, British Memorial.....many more in the pipeline. Our oldest participant is 75 years old nearly as old as the bikes!
This will be quite a challenge on Motorcycles that are in some cases overv80 years old, an average of at least 100 miles a day plus camping and using WW2 equipment & rations.
We hope to raise awareness and money for the Prostate Cancer UK Charity, whilst remembering all those who served and gave their lives in Normandy during WW2
Please our link below to the JustGiving page
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jason-woods18"

Re: Normandy 2023 IMPORTANT UPDATE

HI ALL,

PLEASE NOTE THERE IS A TIME CHANGE TO OUR VISIT TO THE MUSEUM AT PEGASUS BRIDGE FOR THOSE GOING TO NORMANDY. ARRIVAL AT THE MUSEUM WILL NOW BE AT 12.30AM AND WE WILL BE DEPARTING BY 2.15 AT THE LATEST. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL THERE. THIS NIS STRICTLY OPEN TO UK AND ALLIED WD MOTORCYCLES MADE FOR THE 39/45 CAMPAIGN. CHEERS, JT

That sounds good for us John. Hoping for the same weather we had today on our ride out. Ron

Can we see some pictures from Normandy this year please.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I'm not much of a camera man, but lots of others were snapping away with their phones. Here are a few I took.

Merville Battery seems to have been clinically cleansed of anything German?? Other places have had the "tourist" treatment ie Battery Longues, Point Du Hok, You can't get into St Mare Eglese on D Day and you cant park by the church as we always did. Lots of fresh gleaming white concrete and I'd like to meet the councilors who have shares in Tarmac speed humps.
The country route to Pegasus on 5th was good with pictures taken by others of us on the original bridge.
Our best ride of the week by far was our 80 mile round trip to Don Fife, though beautiful French country side. Ron
DSCF5641
DSCF5642
DSCF5643
DSCF5644
DSCF5647
DSCF5649
DSCF5650-2

Thanks Ron, I'm green with envy, I must try and get there again, perhaps in 2025.
Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Hope to see you there Rob. We are booked at the campsite again for next year. (We are getting on well with the new owners) It seems that the MVT haven't booked the whole site this time. I believe any MVT tour will require you to make your own bookings???

Of course it will be extremely busy, so we'll avoid the usual "hot spots" on commemoration days, although we'll see if we can get to Pegasus on 5th.

Ron

Thanks for the pictures Ron.
Anyone have any more pictures? please share !

email (option): info@wetblast.nl

Sadly, they've generally been posted on arse-about-face book for instant "likes" and won't be shared anywhere else.

I don't go there, never did and never will, my loss I guess but so be it !

email (option): info@wetblast.nl

Rik
Sadly, they've generally been posted on arse-about-face book for instant "likes" and won't be shared anywhere else.
I'm sorry, I'd love to share my pics but unfortunately my computer is very out of date still running on Windowx XP, and most websites don't work on it. Posting pictures on a touch screen device is almost impossible.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1