Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hepolite oil pumps (Are they any good?)

We are a business Ian, selling at very competitive prices. If people want to buy a product we will sell it as long as it doesn't embarrass us.
These are supplied by one of our customers and I certainly wouldn't discus it's merits or sins in public.
I'm sure it will work, but not to our standards. I mention this on our website.
Open one for yourself Ian, with your experience it should jump out and bite you.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Now i’m worried 😬
Can’t be any worse than an old one that doesn’t work properly???
Tom’

email (option): rustytomm20(at)hotmail.com

Don't worry Tom...Results to date from people using these pumps indicate they work well with no negative comments so far....
Mark hasn't really outlined what he doesn't like about them yet but I wouldn't imagine he would want to sell a product he really feels is defective...Personally I'm happy to discuss the features of any product and anyone with confidence in what they produce shouldn't really be worried by that discussion...
Ultimately, 'The proof of the puddings in the eating' as they say....I have one in my B33, have sold a number that are in service and have a few which I fully intend to fit to current projects as they go together...
Alternatively you could try to improve things with carefully assembled old pumps, which many people find a perfectly acceptable solution, or you could buy an ABSAF high capacity pump made for the Gold Star for about £450 plus vat., import duties etc....
Finally, you could fit a tap in the oil line, a tap with an earth to the mag so the bike won't start with it closed or an 'automatic' anti drain valve..
The pump cured the wet sumping in my B33, or at least reduced it to a reasonable time scale. Whether that wll be a universal effect remains to be seen...It would be better, in fact, if we all rode our bikes more and then wet sumping wouldn't be quite as much of an issue...:laughing: Ian

Thanks Ian 👍 Don’t worry i will be buying a new one 😀 I tried a anti wet sumping valve that i used to have fitted to my super rocket worked fine in that also fitted to my Pearson tuned B31 was also ok’ but same valve fitted to the m20 wet sumps over night ? (May be worn out after 30 years work 😕)
So i fitted an in-line tap this last weekend and i’m certain i will forget to turn it on’ so common sense tells me to fit a new pump as i use my BSA’s on a daily basis and cover thousands of miles per year so reliability is important (Anyone who has an unreliable BSA is doing something wrong 😀)
I will read Mark’s comments with interest and if anything better comes along i may consider it’
Best regards’ Tom.

email (option): rustytomm20(at)hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1