Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20 lighting switch

Gents,

I'm messing around with a Lucas switch for my M20 and having problems removing stuck in grub screws (thanks John).
I have tried the usual penetrating fluids, heat (applied with soldering iron), and brute force.
I have removed one of three stuck screws. Not much screwdriver slot on the remaining 2. Anyone have any ideas before I resort to drilling them out?

TIA Baz

email (option): binnawan@iinet.net.au

Re: M20 lighting switch

While you blokes are all having a kip, it is a nice cool day here, only 27deg C. I decided to jump the gun and start drilling. Drilled three number sizes through the grub screw, using my model making stuff to 2mm, tapped a 2.5mm thread into the grub screw and screwed in a brass screw, liberally dosed with red threadlock. Hopefully, when the thread lock sets, I can screw it out. Now sitting with an ice cool Bintang, Cheers!

Cheers, Barry. Hope it works. I removed them by running a small grinding disc (on a multitool) through the wire-slot to make some room and a new catch for the screwdriver. BR Michiel

I do like an ice-cold Bintang!
REgards, Mark

messed around for a week and then used your method Michiel. Worked in 10 min utes. Baz

Nieuwe pagina 1