Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lucas wiring loom for 1940 M20

Take a look at the wiring information in the technical section of this site. I never try to use a made up loom myself. I just run each wire as per the diagram. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Same here, in 50 years I've never seen an aftermarket wiring loom that fits correctly...Ian

If you run the wires yourself you can include proper earthing connections, too. I've got everything running back to a good common earth.

THANK YOU

email (option): cdpeach@hotmail.com

The part number that you've given seems to be what they now use for the psot-war B&M models..It looks from the diagram as if they have incorporated dip switch, instrument lighting and brake lamp into the main harness. This is not how it was done on the pre-war and wartime machines, and several of those functions were not present on WD models at different periods.

What is it exactly that you're intending to achieve ? If it is a visually correct 1940 loom then the ready-made item is not a good starting point. All wires (except dip switch on early 1940 models) were black with coloured rings to identify.

In addition -

from what I have noted is with modern replacement harnesses - the horn wiring is directed to the front of the engine on the bike as opposed to the earlier bijes which had the horn mounted under the seat

Br
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1