Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Triumph 3HW front brake cable length

Happy new year to all forum members!

Does anyone of you fine gentlemen have an original front brake cable from a Triumph 3HW to take some measurements? I need to know the thickness of the outer cable (most probably 6,2mm), its length, the thickness of the inner cable (most probably 2,5mm) and its length.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kostas

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Re: Triumph 3HW front brake cable length

If you have access to a 3HW parts book the cable lengths are in there, the later 7/8 BSA handlebars that were fitted do have a longer front brake cable (about 3 inches longer), I have an original NOS cable that I can measure the weekend,the later parts book will have the longer lengths noted which will fit the 1 inch bars, but the shorter cable maybe tight on the later bars.

Re: Triumph 3HW front brake cable length

Steve S.
If you have access to a 3HW parts book the cable lengths are in there, the later 7/8 BSA handlebars that were fitted do have a longer front brake cable (about 3 inches longer), I have an original NOS cable that I can measure the weekend,the later parts book will have the longer lengths noted which will fit the 1 inch bars, but the shorter cable maybe tight on the later bars.
Steve,

Thank you so much for your reply.
I do have a couple of original replacement parts books (S5340 & S2114), still looking for my 3HW's book contract C13948!

Contract S2114 states 16" for the front brake wire casing, while the later contract S5340 18 1/2".

Problem is that not all of my other original wire casings fit the dimensions given on the book:
1. Exhaust valve lifter cable is 24 1/2" instead of 27 1/2" listed
2. Throttle cable is 37", as stated
3. Ignition control cable is 40 1/2", as stated
4. Clutch cable is 52 1/2" instead of 54 1/2" as listed

So, don't really know what I should do, I guess 16" will fit my 1" handlebars.

Regards,

Kostas

email (option): ferrarakias@htomail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1