Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
B33 cams

I've ripped my engine apart and found I've got part no 65-1346 & 65-1348, are these goldstar cams? There is HC stamped on the crank case just below the engine number,I'm after a set of STD cam's for this engine, I have also noticed that both of my cam spindles have EX stamped on them, whereas the workshop manual says to make sure you fit the correct spindle with the correct cam each spindle should be marked EX & IN so is there a difference in the two spindles or is it just because the boffins at the BSA factory think it's good practice to keep spindle and cam together?

email (option): davecox400@yahoo.com

Re: B33 cams

These cam spindles have been discussed before on here. I'm sure Ian will be along later. But I seem to remember that the earlier spindles were designed as In and EX but later it didn't matter. Oilway drillings or something??? Ron

PS after a search I think this might be what I was thinking of.
http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1310339&cmd=show

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thank you, I've just read that post and I think I get it now I'll check it out in detail when I get back into the workshop tomorrow...

My previous posting put up by Ron explains the spindle situation more or less...The position of the flats on the back section of the spindle means they are 'handed', so you should have an 'In' and 'Ex' pair fitted to be correct....The change was made from the earlier type due to distortion of the main bearing housings caused by the cam spindles...
The cams you have fitted currently, although having more lift and duration than standard cams, are actually pretty mild and quite well suited to general road use....However, when seeking out standard cams if you choose to fit them, note that standard M20/21 and B31/33 cams are identical to each other and also for the inlet and exhaust side so you have plenty to choose from...Whichever cams you decide to use the tappet clearances for all of the cams mentioned here are the same at .003" for inlet and exhaust...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thank you Ian very much appreciated and needed information, I actually want the most basic cams and compression for low down grunt.....

Nieuwe pagina 1