Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Indian Field Stand.

I'm considering an Indian field stand for my 16H, can anyone recommend a reliable seller please? The advertisers all seem to use the same stand photo, but with a variety of prices and postage options. I have not bought from an Indian source before, but am aware of the quality concerns with some of the items. I'm thinking reliable in terms of the item actually arriving in the UK rather than the quality of the stand, I can use it as a pattern to make another if the material seems suspect. Or does anybody have an original stand for sale please?
Thanks, Tony.

Re: Indian Field Stand.

Hello Tony,

I don't have an original stand, unfortunately, but perhaps I can make a few observations. The first is that not all India made stuff is junk. About half the things I've bought have been, but then I started to learn what to look for, and things improved thereafter. The way to look at it is, does this site (I use eBay) have a decently large number of positive feedbacks? They change their names from time to time which is very annoying. Often that's to avoid the deluge of negative feedback, or to avoid eBay shutting them down. Perhaps there's another reason too, that I know nothing about, to do with taxes in India. Anyway, choose a company with lots of positive feedback and a delivery date that is inside the 3 month envelope for complaints. After 3 months you have no redress at all! Then, make sure you're not paying the cheapest price. Often cheapest is not best.

Then you cross your fingers, clutch your lucky rabbit's foot, and hope.

You may know all this already, so apologies if I'm blathering on.

Allan

email (option): allanmatchless@yahoo.com

A lot of the Dealers get parts from India and China, and sale it on at great profit,
It's just a shame people ask so much for original parts , most will be sitting on the shelf when we are all long gone!

email (option): ianacott@hotmail.com

There's an original field stand (not mint condition) on Stuart Brays parts for sale, with the Indian repro they possibly could have used cast iron instead of forgings for the ends that go on the (odd shaped tube) plus the foot could also be cast iron, the Indian stand if cast might not hold the weight of the bike.

My experience of buying on line from India has been good and bad. The first was M20 mudguards that fitted as well as the originals on another 100% correct bike. The other was pair of rims that had multiple faults and were completely unsafe to use, there was no communication from The vender. So my comment is it's 50/50 what you get

Nieuwe pagina 1