The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gordon Prime ‘Bash On Regardless’

Hi Neil.

Kindly add my name to the list too, please.

Regards

Steve

It would be a nice fantasy to think my bike would be ready in time?

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Mark Cook
It would be a nice fantasy to think my bike would be ready in time?

Mark
Hi Mark,
Why would it be a nice fantasy? There is a good six months for you to get your bike finished in time for the event, unless of course, you’re doing up a real basket case with lots of bits missing.

Regards,

Neil

email (option): neil.trinder01@gmail.com

OK then Gents,

We have the following wanting to do the run so far:

Justin Legg
John O’Brien
Steve Drewit
Alwyn Dart

Would any one who has expressed an interest in joining the ride in next April object to me contacting them via email? I am making up a spreadsheet of who is attending and it will save a lot of time if I send out details of campsite/ venue/ride details via a “Round Robin” type email. Also it would be good to let Gordon know what make of bikes you are riding. Please respond directly to my email address. I will also update this post as things progress.

Regards,
Neil

Neil,

Please do.

Justin.

email (option): leggy90@icloud.com

👍👍

email (option): Alwyndart@gmail.com

Hi Neil.

Yes, no problem, kindly see attached my email address.

If I recall correctly, Gordon rode a Matchless G3L.
I remember being fortunate enough to meet Gordon in Normandy and we had a great chat about his Matchless.

The Matchless G3L was the first WW2 motorcycle I purchased and I only owned it for a few months before chatting with Gordon.

Steve

email (option): findingsteveo@hotmail.com

I have been copied in to various emails between Steve Allen an Roger Bibbings of the VMCC and a plan is coming together. There are two Campsites near to Pembroke Dock and Roger has suggested a route for a ride to various points of about 40 miles prior to visiting Gordon.

Route

Start with visit to Chapel Bay Fort, Angle, Pembrokeshire SA71 5BE (https://chapelbayfort.com ) (special rate?) - then on to Castle Martin (photo opp at MoD training area? - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlemartin_Training_Area ), then to Stackpole, Freshwater East, Manorbier, Tenby, back towards Milton (visit Carew Castle and Tidal Mill ? https://www.pembrokeshirecoast.wales/carew-castle ), then Pembroke Dock and visit Gordon Prime (plus photo app?).

Campsites

Angle - Castle Farm Camping & Self Catering

Freshwater West - Gupton Farm Campsite

B&Bs

Angle Bay B&B
Others in Pembroke

Hotels

Pembroke - The Coach House Hotel, The Middlegate Hotel, The Old King's Arms Hotel

Pembroke Dock - Travelodge,

It occurred to me that if we could get someone to attend with a Norton 16H and sidecar and Gordon was up for it, he could be taken for a short spin in the sidecar which I think would really make his day. If memory serves, access to a 16H sidecar is pretty easy and depending on Gordon’s mobility, he could get in OK. Any thoughts on this?

Regards,
Neil

I would like to put my name down for this please. (WM20)

I would suggest changing the name/title of this thread as I don't think it describes what is being organised, so I think you may be missing a few riders who may be interested.
Maybe start another thread to bump up the subject?
Rich.

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

Richard Purkiss

I would suggest changing the name/title of this thread as I don't think it describes what is being organised, so I think you may be missing a few riders who may be interested.
Rich.
I have just looked at the options to rename/alter the name of this thread. But unfortunately that is not possible.

Best option is to start a new thread, like you already suggested.

Regards,
Bastiaan (forum management)

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

Put my name down please (WDM20 but I'll have to be in civvies). Happy to be contacted by email.

email (option): deansouthall@phonecoop.coop

Bastiaan
Richard Purkiss

I would suggest changing the name/title of this thread as I don\'t think it describes what is being organised, so I think you may be missing a few riders who may be interested.
Rich.
I have just looked at the options to rename/alter the name of this thread. But unfortunately that is not possible.

Best option is to start a new thread, like you already suggested.

Regards,
Bastiaan (forum management)
Hi,
Thanks for the advice. Having spoken to Neil "Tommy" Trinder a new thread will be started soon.
Justin.

email (option): leggy90@icloud.com

Sent you a mail Neil - some of us interested in coming across to see Gordon
Br
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

I am propose starting a new thread under the title of Gordon Prime Duty DR. So far we have 10 bikes and riders interested in taking part in the Ride In on April 16th next year. Hopefully we will get some more.

Regards,
Neil

Hi
I live in Milford Haven, about 10 minutes away from Pembroke Dock, I know Gordon and also Ted Owens, who also lives in Pembroke Dock. Ted is a 41 Royal Marine Commando veteran who landed on D-Day and was badly wounded on Sword beach. He re-joined his group and went on to serve in Holland where he was badly wounded again. Ted and Gordon often attend the Wings over Carew annual event where military vehicles are displayed.

I've been contacted by a member of my local VMCC group who has suggested there may be a celebration of wartime motorcycles organised by the Duty to Ride organisation (is this any relation to anyone here?), coincidentally they have suggested that this takes place at Carew Cheriton control tower on 16 April 2023. This is only 5 mins away from Pembroke dock.

I have a number of WW2 WD bikes including two G3/L's, a WM20, HD WLA, and an Indian 741b that could potentially attend the meeting, presumably, Ted and Gordon will likely be there if it goes ahead, although the event has not been confirmed yet. I also know of a couple of local lads with WD bikes (a 16h and a WM20) that would be interested in attending.

If this event at Carew is not related to anyone here then it may conflict with your meeting with Gordon? But obviously if you can arrange to meet Gordon at the Carew event it will be beneficial to everyone as there will be LOTS of WD bikes at the event. (Win-Win!)

email (option): nljb345@hotmail.com

Nathan Bannister
Hi
I live in Milford Haven, about 10 minutes away from Pembroke Dock, I know Gordon and also Ted Owens, who also lives in Pembroke Dock. Ted is a 41 Royal Marine Commando veteran who landed on D-Day and was badly wounded on Sword beach. He re-joined his group and went on to serve in Holland where he was badly wounded again. Ted and Gordon often attend the Wings over Carew annual event where military vehicles are displayed.

I've been contacted by a member of my local VMCC group who has suggested there may be a celebration of wartime motorcycles organised by the Duty to Ride organisation (is this any relation to anyone here?), coincidentally they have suggested that this takes place at Carew Cheriton control tower on 16 April 2023. This is only 5 mins away from Pembroke dock.

I have a number of WW2 WD bikes including two G3/L's, a WM20, HD WLA, and an Indian 741b that could potentially attend the meeting, presumably, Ted and Gordon will likely be there if it goes ahead, although the event has not been confirmed yet. I also know of a couple of local lads with WD bikes (a 16h and a WM20) that would be interested in attending.

If this event at Carew is not related to anyone here then it may conflict with your meeting with Gordon? But obviously if you can arrange to meet Gordon at the Carew event it will be beneficial to everyone as there will be LOTS of WD bikes at the event. (Win-Win!)
HI Nathan,

This is indeed linked to the Duty To Ride and Gordons express wish to see a memorial to Despatch Riders at the National Memorial Arboretum. I was asked to organise the inaugural run from the National Motorcycle Museum to the NMA in May of this year and I was approached by Steve Allen from the VMCC to take part and see if I could get riders of military bikes to attend a ride in to honour the memory of Gordon’s best mate who was killed shortly before the war in Europe ended after he was approached by Hugh Morgan of Age Cymru Dyfed. I am just waiting to hear from various parties involved at the Pembroke Dock end of things to see if Carew Control Tower is to be the start and camping venue. I shall include you in the round robin emails to keep all who are interested in joining in up to date. I would be grateful if you could let me know who at your end is willing to join us and what machines they. Will be riding.

Kind regards,
Neil Trinder

Nieuwe pagina 1