Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Early BSA WM20 Parts book finishes

A couple of earlyish Contract M20 spare parts show the finish of parts, this certainly altered in time and wouldn't be correct for later machines.

So far I have seen this in contract C6126 WM20 18001-21000 and C6654 WM20 21001-25000.

I will post any sections you require or you can buy a copy of C6126 from Rob van Meel.

C6654-cover

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Re: Early BSA WM20 Parts book finishes

Front brake rod

rod1

Not a lot of paint on these early ones then...Interesting that they dull chromed the spring and didn't cadmium plate that as well...What was the last year/contract that the brake rod was fitted to?.....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian

The spring is Cad "/1", the "2" is the quantity.

Rob

Rob,

This is from the BSA Master Priced List 1927-1948 and fills in some the gaps in the finish numbers with a couple of interesting colours.
Whether any of these found their way into any wartime contracts is another thing.

Ray

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

['The spring is Cad "/1", the "2" is the quantity...']

Ooops...Must try to concentrate...Ian:laughing:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Rob; this is really helpful. Mine's contract 7370 / May 1940, but I'll go with these finishes.

The list that Ray posted is very interesting.

Khaki Green and Khaki Green (No.3 Gasproof) must both be at least as early as the 1940 spares list or they wouldn't be consecutive "/10""/11", so were they the same colour but with or without an anti gas chemical additive or different colours?

The Dutch Dull Green was clearly different so were M21s originally destined for the Netherlands but then diverted to the War Office repainted or kept in a non standard colour?

And Green enamal doesn't appear in the 1940 spares list so was it used on earlier machines such as KM20s or pre war twins, being enamal would it be heat proof?

Does anyone have any contract specific spares list prior to the ones mentioned here?

Rob

Looking through these two spares lists the only Black Enamal "/7"s I can see are front and rear number plates, I wonder if they were painted in Green enamal at some point?

And there is a "/8" in these spares lists
Rear brake rod bush grease nipple washer S91/8 which could just be missed alteration from a previous list?

Rob

Nieuwe pagina 1