The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Problems with new saddle

Mark Cook
"Even worse is the rear rail that the pillow springs anchor to will be consistantly digging into your rear end , definately not comfortable as I fund out ."

This is something I've been looking with my Czech seat Trevor. To my mind there should be some kind of padding under the cover. Like a compressed sheet of Coir about 1/2" (12.7mm) thick.

Coir will disintegrate very soon, leaving a lot of coconut dust on your rear mudguard. Originally they used a 3/8 thick sheet of horsehair felt. Difficult to find these days, but I've found a supplier who sells these sheets for a very reasonable price.

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Thanks Jan,

If I can't find anything local, I'll be in touch.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Mark Cook
"Even worse is the rear rail that the pillow springs anchor to will be consistantly digging into your rear end , definately not comfortable as I fund out ."

This is something I've been looking with my Czech seat Trevor. To my mind there should be some kind of padding under the cover. Like a compressed sheet of Coir about 1/2" (12.7mm) thick.

Whilst on the subject of seats, does any have the dimensions for the rear seat mountings. I guess the thread size is 5/16" Cycle. Is the hex size 0.600"? (15.24mm)

Then we have springs, what shape should they be?

BTW Neil,

We have in stock the same seat as you got from Drags,

https://pesltd.uk/?product=78-0301&ptno=78-0301

Mark
Mark,

Do you sell just the seat cover without the frame? My bike already has a good saddle frame and springs, I just need a cover that fits a matchless universal saddle frame

email (option): optimar@me.com

Sorry Andrew, no stock. I even checked with our supplier, and they don't have stock either.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Nieuwe pagina 1