Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saddle trimmer needed.

I've acquired this original saddle cover as fitted to the long "Acuman" saddle fitted to WM20's and Ariel W/NG's. Anyone know of anyone who could make exact copies (I have suitable material).

Most motorcycle saddle trimmers only seem to want to concentrate on modern, duel or custom saddles.

Please don't bother to suggest Leightons!

Ron
DSCF4916
DSCF4915

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Saddle trimmer needed.

Hi ron
If successful - I would like a cover for my jan seat
Br
Job

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hi Ron,

Ditto -I have a 'Long Jan' too. I'm holding out to get it covered as close to original as is possible. If there's a list, put me on it.

Craig

email (option): cmmacd @hotmail.co.uk

The intention is to get a small batch made. The guy who made my perfect previous batch some years ago has some mental health problems and seems impossible to deal with. :disappointed: Ron
20141028-134131

Hi Ron,

I need a cover as well, I have an original frame here at home.

I can have a go at making the covers. I have already done the large early Lycett and Terry saddle cover. I am making pannierbags at the moment.

Let's discuss this at Netley next week.

Did you receive an email from Leon?

Regards,
Bastiaan

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

['The guy who made my perfect previous batch some years ago has some mental health problems and seems impossible to deal with...']..

A great shame...He made various batches of saddle covers and pannier bags for me..I've been in this game a long time and he was the best upholsterer I've ever dealt with by quite a margin...Since that time everything else looks pretty sub standard to be honest...

For my last three bikes I've used Saddlecraft (a family business) and though none of these were saddles the quality of the work was excellent..and I'm pretty demanding!....He may be worth talking to, particularly as you have a sample to work off....He has the contract to do the seats for the new CCMs....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Cheers Ian. "Saddlecraft" I'll google them. Ron

This firm? https://www.saddlecraft.co.uk/

Bastiaan. So far Leon and Benedict are stay Sat.night Lex is staying Sun.night

Ron

That's the one...Ian

I'm also in the market for the the stuffing and seat cover for the seat frame Jan made for me Ron.
I'm surprized the company Ian mentions is sourcing seating from the uk as they are Indian owned.
Let's hope any subcontractors have better experiences than others have had with previous reincarnations.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Hi Ron
There is a young polish couple here whose business is based on upholstery, trailer covers horse covers etc

I have a jan seat here to provide as a template around which to measure - good photos of the original you have - then at least I can ask them - anything I have seen from them locally is top notch
Br
Job

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

OK John, I'll send you pictures of the nice ones I got made as something to aspire to.

Meanwhile I'm talking to a firm who might be willing to make some. Just waiting for a ball park figure. I'm not expecting a cheap quote, but I'll let everyone know via the forum. Ron

['I'm surprized the company Ian mentions is sourcing seating from the uk as they are Indian owned...']

The Pitalia Group are the investors in CCM...They are a UK based investment group...The founder of the group is an Indian but has spent his life in the UK...So not exactly Indian owned in the way that might be imagined...Ian

I need a cover for the short version.!!

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

That's the easy one Richard. Ron

DSCF0959-4

Ron Pier
That's the easy one Richard. Ron

Maybe simpler version, but from where ?:smiley:

That should be dead straight forward for Leightons
https://www.rk-leighton.co.uk/

Ron

I had a short cover made by leightons a couple of weeks ago....as Ron said it's an easy one to make..( as per his photo). it'll certainly do the job though !!! I sent the actual seat along for them to look at so they should have the details on record I assume!?.

email (option): jacko1977pfc@gmail.com

Shaun jackson
I had a short cover made by leightons a couple of weeks ago....as Ron said it's an easy one to make..( as per his photo). it'll certainly do the job though !!! I sent the actual seat along for them to look at so they should have the details on record I assume!?.
Shaun
How does it look when mounted ?
Rich.

Looks tickety boo to me richard....I sent a picture of a NOS mansfield front seat that I'm going to use and asked for a similar " grain"..?... a fair match,just a tad more "matt" but I wont lose sleep over it...I dont think it would have mattered steaming across Normandy??...I'll send you a couple of pics via email ...,

email (option): jacko1977pfc@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1