Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
youtube film including bikes

I came across this film on another site and thought it would be of interest to you chaps on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si4Y9T_SbTc

What I found of particular interest is the number of jeeps which have clear 'C' census numbers. What do we make of that?

Re: youtube film including bikes

Great piece of film. I haven't seen that one before. The Jeep is an amazing vehicle. I did some off roading with mine in a quarry and at Bovington when I first got it in the mid 80's. It seemed to be able to handle anything.

That is a mystery about the C prefix? I did wonder if it was just for the training school, but the Bren carriers had their correct designated "T" prefix??? Ron

C10-415-2

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Fantastic footage! Hadn't seen this one yet.

The jeeps with the C prefix (C4922594, C4922596, C4922605 and C4922607) all come from contract SM2275 (1800 Willys "Car 5Cwt 4x4"), with census numbers M4922197 - M4923996. The signwriter must have made a mistake...
The jeep without C prefix (5537065) also comes from contract SM2275 (5560 Willys "Car 5Cwt 4x4"), with census numbers M5534138 - M5539697. The once again the signwriter must have had a bad day...

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Well done Jan! Why didn't I spot that? Mine is from the highlighted contract. Ron
scan-160614-0002
Jeep-133

Very nice!!

Thanks for that!

Lex

email (option): welbike@welb***.net

There's a rare bike in that film, a Triumph 3TW, it comes into view after about 6 minutes where they're washing the jeeps near the bridge.

Very well spotted Steve. I need to take you on as my Ebay spotter. :relaxed: Ron

Just an odd thought. One of the Jeeps has a "40" arm of service serial so has seen service with a formation other than a D&M school.

Could these have been in Canadian service and rather than being prefixed "CM" as per the book, the "M" has been overpainted ?

Nieuwe pagina 1