Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Enot taps

What is it you need to know John? I can easily take one of my spares apart for an "exploded" picture. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron that would be helpful and what do I need to do with new corks before fitting
Cheers
John

email (option): jsaft1951@xtra.co.nz

I'll photograph a tap tomorrow.

The consensus with the corks is "BOIL THEM OR OIL THEM" Well I do both. I put them in a shallow saucepan and boil them for a few minutes then oil them on assembly. You have to squeeze them in till you can get the fitting started in the thread, screw them all the way down a then operate the slide a few times which is usually stiff to start with. Then with the tap in the open position, poke it through to make sure the hole is clear then blow it through with an air line to clear any fragments of cork, which can end up in your main jet. Don't ask me how I know this:persevere: Ron

I've succeeded quite often by boiling up the complete taps, without dismantling. Worth a try.

Here are two spare Enots taps that I just took apart. There's not much to know really.

On assembly the top and bottom fittings are obvious and the wording PUSH ON and PUSH OFF should be the right way up. The bottom fitting has a convex end for the petrol pipe nipple to sit in. The hex end of the tap slider is the PUSH ON end which is easy to remember (hexagON!!)

You can see the remains of the old corks I just dug out and the new corks ready to be boiled and oiled to make them soft and supple. Don't overtighten the fittings as you can crack/split the central part.

I buy me corks off Barrie on ebay. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323337634504

Ron

DSCF4863-2

Maybe a dumb question

On the left side tap I can see some black stuff has this to be removed or hould it stay before changing the corks

email (option): its.me.twixi[AT]gmail[DOT]com

The black stuff is the old dried up remains of a cork. You can see I've dug them out of the other tap. Ron

Thanks Ron I thought so but its alway goot to have a confirmation

email (option): its.me.twixi[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Nieuwe pagina 1