Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear brake Stop/ spring mechanism

Would it be possible for some of you to send me pictures of the correct way of assembling the rear brake stop mechanism...I looks quit easy but somehow I just do not get it right.....M2O 1942 Ther is a spring, a long bolt that goes in the lugg, a big 2-sides bended spring and a smll bolt.... please help me out

Merci
Arnold

email (option): arnoldovertoom@gmail.com

Re: Rear brake Stop/ spring mechanism

Does these help? Ron

Scan-K-3

001-India-Office-BSA-3

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron, it does.!
The plate has 3 holes:
- small one forsmal retuaner bolt bolt
- long shaped one for correcting position on gearbox bolt+nut
- third on; do i slide this over the threaded side of the axelpin that goes into the lug +nut or do I slide the plate (hole) over the breast-part of the axelpin. Either way it sits on the outside of the frametubing.
i have gathered several of these “bended” plates and the seizes of hoke-3 seems to vary..

Also, did bsa for WD provide the brakepedal itselve with a greasenipple?

It is a smal detail but I want to get it right
Thanks again

Arnold

email (option): Arnoldovertoom@gmail.com

Arnold, the plate sits against the frame. The pivot bolt goes through the plate and the frame with the hex on the outside of plate. Then there is a slim locking nut on the back of the frame tube. The next small bolt and nut hold one end of the spring. The spindle that goes through the bottom slot is part of the securing for the rear gearbox plates.....along with three cotton reel shaped spacers and the rear brake anchor bar.

Yes a grease nipple is standard. Ron

M20-322-2

Hi Ron, Thank you for explaining this in detail.
Cheers
Arnold

email (option): Arnoldovertoom@gmail.com

I recently took mine apart and remade a different plate to enable me to fit a small pre war BSA side stand. :relaxed: Ron

DSCF3835-2
DSCF4232

This is the over-complicated Norton system. What were they thinking of ? :laughing:

DSC-0890b-4

If you think the M20 brake pedal is complicated Rik, have a go at adjusting the rear chain:thinking_face: Ron

That's strange. Two minutes on most bikes.

Simple enough...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

That's right Rik, most of my other bikes are.... slacken the wheel spindle nuts and screw the two adjusters backwards to tighten the chain. I defy anyone who has never adjusted an M20 chain, to do it simply, without the benefit of a manual or being told the procedure by someone else. Ron

Depends if you remembered to adjust the primary chain first :-}

Rik
That's strange. Two minutes on most bikes.
Loosen the front chain guard nut front & back torque strap nuts and rear axel nut and backing plate nut
Adjust the left side snail via the axel & the right by the push bolt then tighten in reverse order
Not quite as simple as on a swing arm bike

While we're talking about rear chains, the chain on my WM20 insists on loosening off after I've adjusted it. It's a standard setup that appears in good condition. Any ideas?

Bob
While we're talking about rear chains, the chain on my WM20 insists on loosening off after I've adjusted it. It's a standard setup that appears in good condition. Any ideas?
You will most likely find out that the primary chain is now drum tight as it's dragged the gearbox backwards.

Hi Tim
No, 'taint so. The primary chain's OK, I think there's either something a bit worn or I'm accidentally leaving a bit of slop in things when I tighten it all up but I can't figure what.

Nieuwe pagina 1