Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fred Godwill

I have received an unsolicited e.mail from someone by the name of Fred Godwill offering BSA and sidecar parts. This appears to have emanated from a post I put on this site relating to a BSA M.20 and sidecar that I once owned (sold in the mid 1970s). Can anyone vouch for Fred Godwill as I have not come across him before. Thanks.

email (option): keithchandler@clistandchandler.co.uk

Re: Fred Godwill

Hello Keith
It sounds like a scam, its getting to the point that I assume almost everything is.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Rob Miller
Hello Keith
It sounds like a scam, its getting to the point that I assume almost everything is.

Rob
Exactly what I was thinking Rob hence my post to try and confirm one way or the other. The days of giving folks the benefit of the doubt when receiving unsolicited e.mails is fast diminishing.

It's a scam - Fred has just e.mailed me again with a photo of a post war swinging arm BSA twin which he says he is breaking and that he is awaiting medical surgery. I seem to recall seeing all this nonsense on here before.

Yep..Fred's tried to help me out in the past as well...:middle_finger: ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Aw, I thought I'd got a new friend. Perhaps Fred needs some friends... Poor Fred.

email (option): cmmacd @hotmail.co.uk

See thread "ariel front mudguard for W/NG" dated june 18/19 th.....Fred's been a busy chap for a while now!! Meself and Vincent have messages from him too!!....sounds like a right shyster!?.....beware!!!?

email (option): jacko1977pfc@gmail.com

Hi Brett here from NZ ,had an email from the same guy [GODWILL]but deleted it as spam. I was looking for 38-39 B series parts for my WB29 project that Ron was going to to row over in his Ligher [Barge] to collect.
The bike is from contract C7370 ,dispatched from BSA 0n the 29th of May 1940 to the London War Office painted KHAKI Drab Green possibly
trialed as a fast COMM,s DONR bike.
Have created the tightly put together package by following military/BSA configuration management as best I can for a prototype but see its bones reflected in the pre production WB30.
Engine number WB29-274 ,Frame WB27-249.
Cheers.

email (option): brettfrollet@gmail.com

I was on my way Brett. But I got attacked by Somali pirates off the east coast of Africa who nicked my entire supply of "Old Speckled Hen". So I've had to return for fresh supplies. That route is too risky so I'll come round the Cape this time.:upside_down_face: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron
You could call in here at Oz if you need to reprovision. You may need a new mast, to careen the hull perhaps.

Cape Town calls, Ron!

Can I borrow a Triumph Bruce to ride up to visit my old home in Gwelo (RSR). Ron:laughing:

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Also got an email from Fred;

Hello,
Just want to let you know that I have , Royal Enfield dispatch riders bike parts , if you are interested, email me back for more details.
Thanks.
What is the year of your bike.

Incredible how many parts he's got! :joy:

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Good old Fred..He's one of the most helpful blokes I know...:laughing: ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I've had a few emails from him before, he said he was breaking an M20 to pay for his surgery. The photo he sent was a stock image taken from google. I then looked up "Fred Godwill scam" and he appears on loads of other forums trying to scam people.

email (option): nljb345@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1